[Cynnabar] Wassail Thank you!

Stephanie Bates ceara.stephanie at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 15 01:48:09 EST 2013

Where to start? The day was doomed by snow! But that doesn't stop us! We still gathered and we sang, danced, played, enjoyed each other's company. Wassail was at a new site this year. It was beautiful and maybe slightly crowded but alluring. Many came to enjoy, what was an event but a rather large step for me, Wassail! It was my first time being an event steward. There were a few hiccups as happens when one is first learning. We moved past them though. I owe much of that to t...he many members of the barony. I especially would like to thank Liz, Elaine, Anne, and Dawn for their help with gate. Marie and Virginia for their assistance in bringing things I forgot. Timothy for bringing extra tables and power even though we did not need them. Missy for running the garage sale and silent auction! Dawn, Art, Tim, Karen and (one other I can't remember his name) for staying until the very end and helping me. Most importantly, I would like to thank Karen for being there for me for everything today. I cannot even begin to describe just how much I treasured having her at my side, being the key holder, picking up the odd jobs, and just going so beyond and out of her way to do what she could, including picking up the garage sale at the end. This event would not have been what it was without her. Another thank you I need to throw out is to the general populace as most offered to help or did help. I could not have done it without all of you! I hope everyone has safely made it home and is resting. You are all amazing and I'm so lucky to have the chance to do something so grand for you but in no way could have without you! Thank you so much everyone for making Wassail what it was today,

~-~Lady Ceara inghean Mhuirghease uí Fhaoláin ~-~(Stephanie Bates) "Here's to you and yours, And to mine and ours, And if mine and ours ever come across you and yours, I hope you and yours will do as much for mine and ours as mine and ours have done for you and yours!"