[Cynnabar] Scribal challenge

Hannah Schreiber hannahschreiber at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 12:44:22 CST 2013

Greetings!

I wanted to remind everyone about the Scroll Blank Challenge that was being put forth for individuals and groups. I emailed about this sometime before the holiday, and now the date is fast upon us!

Basically, a call for more blanks has been issued by Lord Ian the Green to have as many scroll blanks as possible turned in at the St. Valentines day Massacre (Val Day) event taking place February 9 , A.S. 47 (2013). Last year they received 270 blanks! If you can't bring completed blanks yourself, I will gladly transport them for you. Scroll blanks should be made with the understanding that each and every one will eventually be made into an award and given by Their Majesties as such. (Scroll "blanks" are illustrated and illuminated pieces of art ready for a calligrapher to write text upon. There are no text or lines on a blank.)

This is a "CHALLENGE" so there are points that are set forth for groups or individuals entering. I will gladly accept scrolls on behalf of Cynnabar to enter as a group.

Point Scoring is as follows:* 1 point per scroll.
* 1 point for documentation (who did the work, materials, and inspiration)

* 1 point for the scroll blank having an award/order specific badge.  (Please no Patent of Arms level orders.)
* 1 point for "WOW!" factor.

 All of the rules of the challenge can be found here:
 https://sites.google.com/site/ianthegreen01/midrealm-scroll-blank-challenge

If you have any questions please let me know. Or if you have blanks ready to go....I'll gladly take them.

My goal is 5...and I have 3 already!

Hannah

There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton