[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 01/21/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 21:40:38 CST 2013

Well, I had every intension of trying to have the meeting minutes out the
same, or next evening after the meeting this year. But after only two weeks,
I’m already back to late Sunday night meeting minutes and agendas. Perhaps I
should be flogged with a wet noodle

In place of something truly witty, I give you some elephant ascii art

           .-~~-. .--.                       .-~~-. .--.
.-~~-. .--.

          /      /   "\                     /      /   "\                  /
/   "\

         /    \ |  \   \                   /    \ |  \   \                /
\ |  \   \

        |/\    | \_/-'\ \                 |/\    | \_/-'\ \              |/\
| \_/-'\ \

        A |   /  ||   /_/                 A |   /  ||   /_/              A |
/  ||   /_/

         |__||__||                         |__||__||
|__||__||

         /~~~~~~~~~~\                      /~~~~~~~~~~\
/~~~~~~~~~~\

        /\_/\_/\_/\_/\                    /\_/\_/\_/\_/\
/\_/\_/\_/\_/\

       /\/ \/ \/ \/ \/\                  /\/ \/ \/ \/ \/\               /\/
\/ \/ \/ \/\

         __/________________\__
__/________________\__                    __/________________\__

-Finn

Seneschal

We had 13 beautiful and benevolent people in attendance.

Event and Demo Reports

12th Night in Ayreton - Jadzia and Aaron won the performance category,
congrats to them!

Winter Revel – Was fun.

Fight practice with guests (church youth group)/demo. Everyone had a good
time and the demo was ran very well.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Terpsichore (April. 6th, 2013)  – Music practice to start soon beginning in
February. Information to come out soon.

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event (May 18th, 2013) – Lady Arin has agreed to do
a dinner tavern and Tasset to do a lunch tavern. (Budget) proposals to come
soon. Beginning musician track is being worked on. Everything else is going
good and people are excited.

Proposed event: Spring Revel (April 28th Sunday) – 2nd discussion of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. This is our annual Baronial Armored and
Rapier Champion Tournament, potluck, revel held at Island Park. There is a
$162 rental fee (which includes an alcohol permit) which we are looking to
approve.

Discussion included: All good. No issues or concerns.

Proposed event: Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) – 2nd discussion of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. Lady Godaeth has offered to be the
Event Steward (along with Aeffe) for Grand Tournament this year. This will
be to approve/support Cynnabar hosting Grand Tournament at the Liberty
School in Saline, MI. Full budget proposal for a separate approval
discussion/process.

Discussion included: We are able to add a royalty room for free. It was
found out that our site deposit is fully refundable up to a week before the
event. All else seems OK for the site.

BUDGET PROPOSAL: This will be the first discussion for approving the budget
for the event. Full budget is at $1930, this includes $1350 for site rental,
$250 lunch tavern and other items. Plan is to charge $10 site fee. Lunch
tavern will be extra and will go to defray the cost of the event. It is
acknowledged that this is an expensive site and that break-even may not be
reached. However, one of the ideas/goals is to start marketing our event as
a “destination” event, a true “grand tournament”. This marketing will take
several years to build and grow this event. But having a site that can
accommodate this idea is a start. Despite the high cost, no one saw or had
any showstoppers not to move forward.

Proposed event: 12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) – 2nd discussion of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. This will be to approve/support
Cynnabar hosting Pentamere Regional 12th Night at the Hidden Springs Church
in Howell, MI. The full financial budget will be discussed/approved as a
separate item.

Discussion included: That we should be welcoming to all, even merchants and
that the only limiting factor that we would turn away merchants is by space
available.  Other than that, everyone is in favor of this event.

Old Business

UoM Student group/recruiting – As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

Fixing loaner leg armor (placeholder only, not under active discussion) –

New Business

-          Forester Grey is starting thrown weapons practice. Let him know
if interested. What night during the week would work best for folks?

Announcements

-          Fighter retreat set for March 29-31.

-          Fencer’s dinner set for February 7th at 7:PM at the Classic Cup
Café (on Jackson Rd.) Same site as the Baronial meetings.

-          If interested in combat archery, see Forester Grey (looking at
Pennsic in mind).

-          The move to a new website host is done. Should have been
transparent and we should not have noticed anything. Site has been backed up
as well.

-          The choir is growing! We have 5 new members which is almost
doubling in size the group.

-          Next week is Officer Reports!