[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 06/10/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 21:35:42 CDT 2013

Congratulations! You’ve made it another week. You may now stop holding your
breath because I bring you the long awaited
.Baronial Meeting Minutes!

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Siege of Talonvale – There was much bacon. Lightly attended (~20 fighters)
but fun. Our own Sir Ranthulfr won the archery tournament! The quest ran
well and was fun. Feast was very good. Our own Birke won the populace count
for A&S and the bardic circle was incredible.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) – Getting Pale add read to submit in next week
or so. Going good, finalizing details. Will put on simmer for summer until
after Pennsic.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) – No updates

Old Business

Baronial Exchequer position – We have two candidates that wish to hold the
Baronial Exchequer office. As part of our decision making process in the
Barony, we will go thru our 3-meeting discussion/approval process. The
difference being that at the end of this, since we have two candidates, we
will vote on which one the Barony wants as our next Exchequer. This meeting
was the first of the three meeting process.

I will put a couple of their talking points below, however I am not going to
try to write everything down that each candidate talked about and what was
discussed with them at the meeting as it would be doing each candidate a
disservice trying to put their elegant words into these hackneyed notes. So
PLEASE come to the next two meetings if you wish to hear them for
yourselves.

Please note, both candidates are comfortable with this process and both have
expressed that they will be equally satisfied no matter which of them gets
chosen for the next Exchequer.

We have:

Tristán Bartolo de la Vega – Highlights of his talk includes that he has a
good background for the position as working with numbers professionally and
as a financial councilor. He acknowledges he is busy right now (but sees an
end in site) but is easily accessible and will make meetings as often as
possible.

Aaron Elkiss – Highlights of his talk include working 8 years as the groups
Web Minister. Also trying to get us thinking with long range planning. He
would step down as Web Minister but would help maintain the servers to
whoever would become the next Web Minister. His background includes working
with other group/organizations finances as well as working his home finances
and running a small business.

UoM Student group/recruiting – As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

None.

Announcements

-          Boarder War is coming up. Northwoods and Andlecraig vs. Roaring
Wastes and Cynnabar. We are adding 5 ½ mercenaries to the Cynnabar archery
contingent (apparently paid in ice cream). And we will apparently be calling
Northwood’s Max “Fifi”.

-          The quarterly Seneschal report is in (but admittedly a bit late
this quarter). Therefore as Seneschal I shall forfeit my monetary bonus I
received for that quarter.

-          Aelfric is now Deputy Kingdom Exchequer and will take over as
Kingdom Exchequer in January.

-          Forrester Padraig is now the Regional Throw Weapons Marshal.

-          Aaron and Jadzia will be preforming at Pennsic with Salite in the
arts tent on the middle Friday evening and also playing the Tuesday night
ball at the dance tent with Peascod Gatherers.

-          Arin says the garage is almost clean and possibly pottery soon.