[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes for 05/13/13 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal boc.seneschal at gmail.com
Sun May 19 21:13:54 CDT 2013

The weather if FINALLY nice. So we shall dispense with the normal witticisms
and just bask in the great outdoors with the windows open and crickets
chirping.

Oh, and the meeting minutes from last week.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Spring Revel - Cooler. Went well. We have our new Baronial Champions:
Malikai for the armored and William for rapier, HOOBAH to both! There was
also lots of food and the talent show was stupendous.

ITMCTRAV - Archery was run by Godaeth and Aeffe. Thrown weapons was run by
Forrester Grey. The event steward said that they drew the biggest crowds and
"ruined" (in jest) the indoor classes. Lots of fun was had and our own
Alexander wone the Youth Champion Award with his candle clock. Hoobah!

Squired Tourney - Fun. Good tourneys and we have a new Baron and Baroness of
Northwoods.

Coronation - We have a new King and Queen and our own Genoveva was made a
Court Baroness. More hoobahs!

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

St. Cecilia at the Tower Event (May 18th, 2013) - On track. Lined up and
ready to go. Please come!

Grand Tournament (Nov. 16th) - No issues. Planning/staff meeting are being
done remotely (phone/e-mail) as it is the most efficient. Lady Joslyn will
be the "hospitality marshal" to listen for issues during the event so there
is more than just the event steward keeping an eye on things. Johannes will
be running a heralds point. Pale adds will start in August.

12th night 2014 (Jan. 4th, 2014) - Web page soon.

Old Business

UoM Student group/recruiting - As this will be an ongoing effort, we will
keep this on our meeting discussion agenda for the foreseeable future.

New Business

Baronial Exchequer position is open. We need a new one. A separate post will
be made regarding this position. Please respond to Finn or Their
Excellencies if interested.

Wassail! was brought up so we will start putting out feelers to see who may
be interested in being event steward this year. A separate post will be made
regarding this position. Please respond to Finn or Their Excellencies if
interested.

Announcements

His Excellency noted that if you plan on camping with Cynnabar at Pennsic to
please pre-register and PRE-PAY as well. Non pre-paid reservations will not
count towards land allotment.

Thrown weapons of all kinds are Thursday's at 5:45 at Forrester Grey's.

Middle Kingdom thrown weapon championships will be at Battle of the Inland
Seas.