[Cynnabar] Archery in Cynnabar: Here ends the season ...

Elizabeth Calhoun lizcal at umich.edu
Fri Oct 25 17:20:24 CDT 2013

Archers and Arbalestiers of Cynnabar, pray heed the Group Marshal:

Do you recall the warm and spicy days of July, at Pennsic?  Aye!  And how
long the archery season seemed to stretch yet before us!

At how many contests this year did we boldly honor our Baron and Baroness?
 "It Takes My Child" ... Battle of the Inland Seas ... Baronial Border Wars
... the Siege of Talonval! ... the maelstrom of Baron Wars ... Pennsic
itself, Reign of Arrows, practice every Sunday (and for your Foresters and
Marshals, additional practices, to keep our skills honed!) ...

Now the leaves fall all around.  Frost plates the empty fields in the
morning with crystal and silver.

There will be practice this Sunday, as scheduled ... for those hardy enough
to come to the Line:  forecast high is 49' for the day.

But *once more to the Line* to prove your mettle!  Tomorrow at Ale to the
Victors we meet our gracious adversaries of the Northwoods to loose and
laugh and share!  Because the winter is long, for an archer ... and among
our folk, we are *all* kin.

If you have not had, through this season, an opportunity to wear the arm
guard given to you by the very hand of Their Excellencies, then do so on
the morrow.

Our regularly scheduled practice season will come to a close with the
practice on Sunday, November 10 (weather permitting).  *There will be NO
practice* on Sunday, November 17, for the remainder of the year and into
2014.

In closing I want to thank Their Excellencies for wielding bow and crossbow
and for Their unflagging support for archery in Cynnabar; for our
Foresters, Dillon our Range Master ... Grey and Padraig for their Outreach,
Education, and general encouragement; Lady Agnoletta, our Baronial Archery
Marshal-in-Training; Lady Aeffe Torsdottir, Deputy Group Marshal; and the
entire Populace of the Barony of Cynnabar.

Sing as you raise your bow!  To the Line, archers and arbalestiers of
Cynnabar!

--Godaeth