[Cynnabar] Archery in Cynnabar: the season approaches!

Elizabeth Calhoun lizcal at umich.edu
Wed Apr 2 12:14:55 UTC 2014

Unto Their Excellencies Cynnabar's most praiseworthy Populace, greetings!

We CAN'T say, as Chaucer did, that there was much "droghte of March,"
given our record snowfall this year; however, the spring melt is proceeding
apace and I am planning that we will have our first Populace Archery
Practice for
the 2014 season on Sunday, April 20 (weather permitting), usual time:
2-4pm, usual place, Forester Dillon's range.

(If you need directions or have questions, please email me.)

In the meantime, please consider attending Battle of the Inland Seas, May
16-18:

http://sca-altenberg.org/botis.html

Forester Grey Oddson is Marshal-in-Charge of  archery at the event, which
will feature the Pentamere Regional Archery Championship and Pennsic
Archery Team practice overseen by Forester Aibhlin who has posted this on
Facebook:

"Greetings All from the Pentamere Commander for Target Archery. I know it's
still a bit early (snow on the ground and all), but I'm calling all archers
to start thinking about Pennsic Champions. I've been given the task to seek
out all enthusiastic and skilled archers and compile a list of candidates
for the Pennsic Champions team. We'll be organizing a few tryouts/practices
over the summer, the first of which is Battle of Inland Seas. This event
will also be where we choose the Pentamere Champion. So start dusting off
your bows, wax your strings, and fletch those arrows. I hope to see you on
the range in a few short months."

Heed the call of your Kingdom and come forward to defend the honor of Their
Excellencies at the Line!  Archers of Cynnabar, make ready!

In closing I would like to also note that this season will be my last as
Group Marshal for Archery in Cynnabar.  I look forward to working with
Their Excellencies and the Honorable Foresters of the area to determine how
best to secure the bright future of Cynnabar archery.

REMEMBER!  Check your strings ... re-set your arrow tips ... practice your
push-ups or kettlebell rows: strengthen those rhomboids and limber your
shoulders!

Yours In The Most Sincere Service to Their Excellencies, Their Populace,
and the Crown of the Midrealm,

Godaeth, GM for Archery