[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 12/07/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Dec 22 22:16:50 UTC 2014

Here are the meeting minutes for the 12/7 meeting. This was the last full
meeting of the year. So something super clever, pithy and awesome from me to
write to wind up the year?

Nah.

Happy Holidays everyone!

-Finn

Proud Seneschal of an Awesome Barony

Event and Demo Reports

None

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Nicola's Gift Wrapping (Sat. Dec. 13th and Sun. Dec. 21st) - Please sign up
for open spots.

Baronial Gift Exchange (Mon. Dec. 15th) - A reminder that this is NOT in
garb this year. Rules sent out in separate e-mail.

Wassail! (Sat. Dec. 20th) - Coming along. Tons of decorations. Awesome youth
activities. Help needed with Friday night setup.

St. Cecilia at the Tower (April 24th - 26th, 2015) - We are able to move the
event back a week to help accommodate conflict with Roaring Wastes. There is
another group that needs to use the site kitchen at the same day on the
25th, but we are able to work with them and we can have our lunch tavern
also.

Spring Crown Tournament (May 23rd and 24th, 2015) - Curia has not met yet to
officially make a decision, but we have heard that Their Highnesses, K.Sen
and K.Earl Marshal said it will most likely be ours (and can start
planning).

Old Business

None

New Business

Event Proposal: Terpsichore at the Tower (Mar. 7th, 2015) ($925 budget
including lunch) - Given by Ceara. Good discussion around the (new to us)
dayboard/lunch setup. Right now the group seems to be leaning with trying
the dayboard. No other issues or concerns. This is the 1st of our 3 meeting
discussion/approval process.

Group Policy Proposal: New method of identifying our Event Stewards during
the event - Given by Sir Gregoire. As we have many events during the year,
being able to easily recognize the Event Steward(ess) at an event should be
something we strive for. To that end, we should have an easily recognizable
outfit (uniform?) for our Event Steward(ess) to wear. One of the most easily
recognizable outfit ever is that of the Pan-Am Stewardess! Therefore we
should have ALL Event Steward(ess) wear a Pan-Am Stewardess outfit (done in
a period style of course!). Many people seemed to like this idea. Others
found it may have been just a joke. It's now included in the minutes. So
come to the next meeting to weigh in on this.intriguing proposal! This may
be the 1st of our 3 meeting discussion/approval process for this.idea.

Group Discussion

A question on what date would be best for next year's Grand Day of
Tournaments, either Nov. 14th or Nov. 21st. It was noted that the 21st would
conflict with UCON. While a non-SCA activity, there are many members of the
group that would like to go to UCON and if we can avoid that weekend, as
long as the 14th doesn't conflict with other SCA events nearby, it would be
preferred.

Announcements

Student group - It was announce that Harriet has agreed to become the next U
of Michigan student group president. Hooba!

Grand Day of Tournament report - It was a profitable event. $1141.92 for
site and $281.44 for lunch tavern netting us a total profit of $1423.06!

Uillic says: "Finn's awesome".

Aaron and Jadwiga will be holding vigil at Pentamere's 12th Night on Jan
3rd. They will be elevated at Trigirtsee's 12th night (in Chicago) on Jan.
17th. They will also be donating the prize for the "Best new performer" for
the Craftsperson's Fair.

Aaron says: "Finn's awesome".

Aaron and Jadwiga are awesome also!

No business meeting on Dec. 22nd.