[Cynnabar] Baronial Chronicler Position

Matt Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Jul 13 16:07:59 UTC 2014

As I noted in the latest edition of the Citadel, I am looking to step down
as Cynnabar’s chronicler by the end of the year.  In order to find a
successor to my office, I wanted to give some basic duties of the
Chronicler.  Please note that the position of Chronicler is a required
position by kingdom law (XIV-200) for all baronies so I will not step down
until my replacement is found.  My hope is that my successor can work on
one newsletter with me to go over the basic process and layout* and then I
will always be available to assist the new chronicler if needed.

Required to be the Chronicler

   - ·        Maintain paid membership in the SCA
   - ·        File a change of officer form
   - ·        Participate in a training class (usually there is one at 12th
   Night and it is only an hour long)
   - ·        Publish quarterly
   - ·        Send in officer reports to Baronial Seneschal on a monthly
   basis
   - ·        Take possession of the three file boxes that come with the
   office.

So not that much!   On average a Citadel will take 5-7 hours to put
together.  That includes writing up any articles, layout, editing,
permission forms, etc.  It is not a time intenstive job, but it is one that
must be filled.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me
at malagmann at gmail.com, talk to me before or after any meeting, or Pennsic!

In Service,

Ermenrich von Duisburg

* the Citadel has changed layout and format over the years.  How I have
laid out the Citadel (order of articlers, font choices, use of sidebars,
etc) is my preference.  The next Chronicler should feel free to give the
Citadel their own touch and unique look, if they so desire.