[Cynnabar] BoC Meeting Minutes 06/16/14 meeting

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Jun 23 02:49:53 UTC 2014

Here are last week's meeting minutes.

-Finn

Event and Demo Reports

Baronial Border War - A disturbing amount of mosquitos. Not nearly as hot.
The Pentamere Thrown Weapons Champion came home with Forrester Dillon
(beating out Forrester Gray). Gilbert is now Andlecrag's Armored Champion!
Everyone fought well, it was a good day.

Push for Pennsic - Fun event. Gorgeous weather. About 40+ fighters with
Vikings vs. Celts melee scenarios. Reports of archery and fencing were fun
as well.

Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos

Saline Celtic Festival (July 11th and 12th) - Trying to figure out placement
for archery.

Grand Day of Tournament (Nov. 15th, 2014) - Still assembling staff

Old Business

Group Knight Marshal - Lord Gregor has offered himself as replacement for
Baron Jason as your next Group Knight Marshal. This will be the 2nd of our
three meeting discussion/approval process. No questions or concerns, all
seems good.

Capital budget item: Archery Backdrop proposal ($525) - Forester Grey
proposed for the barony to purchase archery netting (and supplies to put it
up) which will allow the barony to have archery in many more locations (such
as the Saline Celtic fest) where we could not before. Archery is a great
first hands-on activity that can help draw people into the SCA. This will be
the 2nd of our three meeting discussion/approval process. No questions or
concerns, all seems good.

Budget item: Flyers and fighter food for Saline Celtic fest demo ($75) -
Genoveva is asking for $75 to buy drinks and fighter food/snacks as well as
making flyers for the Saline Celtic fest demo. This will be the 2nd of our
three meeting discussion/approval process

Demo support: Kerrytown Kindle Fest Demo (normally 1st week in December) -
Mistress Arin wanted to know if the Barony would want to support a
recruiting demo at the Kerrytown Kindle Fest This will be the 2nd of our
three meeting discussion/approval process. All is OK as long as we can
support the logistics of the demo.

New Business

Enhanced practice: Closing of the Range III (Sun. Oct 26th) with $180 budget
- This will be an enhanced practice in garb with special archery shoots and
tournaments planned. Also a 'stab and grab' cookout afterwards followed by a
Baronial court at 6:PM. Requesting $130 for port-a-john rental and $50 for
snacks, drinks and supplies for $180 total budget. This was the 1st of our 3
meeting discussion/approval process. No questions or concerns, all seems
good.

Announcements

Pickles!

Lady Godaeth - Combat Archery Marshal class (for becoming a warranted Combat
Archery Marshal) that will be taught by Erik Erikson the Scout needs people
that want to attend to pre-register for the class please.

HE Tairdelbach - If interested in camping as a group at Baron Wars, speak
up. Otherwise they will have the Cynnabar day fly up for people to
congregate around.

HE Hannah - Last day for Pennsic pre-reg is (was) the 18th.

Finn - Information on the first Q&A sessions to be sent out on the e-mail
list (and Facebook) shortly.

Officer Reports

Exchequer (Tristan) -

Webminister (Aaron) - There is still a web site. There haven't been any
problems or major changes recently.

Fencing Marshal (William) -

MoAS (Arin) - Workshops continue. Shoes workshop was well attended. New
underwear coming up. Crafts are being done!

Mo Youth (Ceara) - We have kids! Currently organizing stuff and doing
inventory.

Chatelaine (Genoveva) - Brochures and social cards continued to be printed
as needed, newcomers continue to be helped, and we'll be holding another
newcomer workshop on July 20 at 3 pm at Island Park. The Saline Celtic
Festival is coming up and we need enthusiastic folks to join us and
demonstrate our activities! Details are at cynnabar.org

Chronicler (Ermenrich) - Submit to Citadel by the 16th. Citadel scheduled to
come out on the 24th. More back issue Citadels are edited and will be loaded
to the website soon.

Herald (Johannes) - Johannes is not the herald we are listening for. Doing
heraldry as usual. No herald nights for July or August due to Q&A then
Pennsic.

Knight Marshal (Jason) - Everything is good. There was no incident at our
practice. And Gregor will be a fine marshal.

Archery Marshal (Godaeth) -  (Editor's note: I have misplaced my notes on
Lady Godaeth's report. She gave a fine report that left everyone feeling
like it was better than seeing Cats!)

Seneschal (Finn) - Quarterly report was sent in (a tad late, but it's in).
Working through the Baronial Transition process.

Baron and Baroness (Hannah and Tairdelbach) - Will be at Baron Wars,
Talonvale, Celtic fest and Pennsic (with Baronial court). Please send in
award recommendations! Baronial Pennsic schedule coming soon. They sent in
their reports. Their Excellencies plan on being at all the Q&A sessions. And
we are still a Barony!