[Cynnabar] Fealty Oaths

Matt Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Nov 26 17:38:40 UTC 2014

Unto the populace of Cynnabar,

We will receive fealty oaths from the populace at Wassail on December 20.
Fealty to the Barony means something slightly different to each
person.  We have provided the oath we plan to use during Our time as
Baron and Baroness. We ask that you take time to decide wheter
swearing fealty is someting you wish to do. If you have any questions
in regard to fealty, please feel free to email Us.

Fealty to the Middle Kingdom:
Hear you, O Cynnabar,
Held in Fief for the Crown of the Middle Kingdom:
I shall be both faithful and true,
And shall owe my Fidelity unto you,
And lawfully shall do such Customs and Services
As is my duty to the Society
At the times assigned.
Thus swear I, _____________.

The fealty oath is based off of Modus Faciendi Homagium & Fidelitatem,
c. 1275. In A. Luders, ed., The Statutes of the Realm: Printed by
Command of His Majesty King George the Third, in Pursuance of an
Address of the House of Commons of Great Britain, From Original
Records and Authentic Manuscripts, 11 vols. (London: Record
Commission, 1810-1828), Vol. I, pp. 227-228.

Sincerely,
Ermenrich and Kasha
Posadnik and Posadnitsa of Cynnabar