[Cynnabar] Tuesday workshop

Ann Asplund via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Oct 19 12:21:16 UTC 2014

Greetings to all!

This Tuesday we are doing work bags - to keep your projects clean, dry and
out of inquisitive hands (and paws), it is a good thing to have a bag for
storage and transport. We will personalize the bags, and show how to
reproduce your coat of arm in different techniques.

Bring some favorite fabric if you have some that you want to make a bag of,
otherwise there is a selection of fabric available. And if you have, a
cord, ribbon or string to close it. Tricks on how to thread string through
channels will also be demonstrated. And if there is time, how to use a
lucet to make cords will also be shown.

it is also "leftover Tuesday", since I had my work colleagues over for a
book party, there is now an extensive collection of vittles to demolish :)

Next Tuesday is tablet weaving Tuesday, with learner sets of tablets.
Warping and threading will be demonstrated, plus the basics in pattern
weaving. Learner warps for ribbons will be available, but in limited color
choices :) Feel free to bring your own if you have it. For a first ribbon,
crochet cotton is recommended due to its very friendly nature, it does not
fuzz to much, and mistakes are more easy seen and corrected. Wool is period
and a period setup will be available to play with.

Best regards,
Arina de Traentorp, OL. MOASCynnabar