[Cynnabar] A Special Meeting for Sunday April 19

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Apr 15 01:50:30 UTC 2015

The meeting minutes will be complete in the morning, but I wanted to get
this notice out tonight. The following new business was introduced by the
Seneschal at the meeting Monday 4/13/

*Future Meeting Planning:*  Shall the Barony meet once a month on Sunday
afternoon after Fighting Practice, at the Michigan Union/ or Island Park?  A
test of this plan will take place on April 19.  This will be an Extra
Special Meeting, because it will include discussion of why the group may
wish to leave the Classic Cup Café.

The usual Monday Meeting will be held on April 20.

WHY hold a meeting on one Sunday a month?  I think we will see different
people participating.  Some people cannot make the Monday night meetings.
It may be more difficult for student members to get out to the west side of
town;  both the Union and Island Lake Park are close to campus.  Our
turnout on Mondays is small unless some notable piece of business is on the
agenda.  More and different people would be in the meeting mix if we have
this second time and place. Making it easy for people to get to meetings
will build community and might produce a more diverse and representative
body of opinion on the business of the Barony. It might increase the sense
that there are options to make one's voice heard in Cynnabar.

HOW will this sort of meeting work? * I do not know. *That is an important
thing to discuss. Would we Intersperse Business and Feats of Arms?  Hold
the fun business like Event Reports before the combatants are done, and do
Serious Business after practices end?  What about those at Practices who do
not want to attend the meeting? These are some of the ideas we need to
discuss.

*WHAT time would this be?*  It will be after 3 pm, as that is when Kay can
get from  work to a meeting.

WHERE will this happen?  *Location will be tied to the site of fighting
practice,* which is about to make it's seasonal shift to Outdoors at Island
Park off Maiden Lane.

WHEN will this change happen? * If the Barony likes the idea* of holding
one meeting a month at Practice the first "regular" Sunday Meeting will be
the Sunday BEFORE the Third Monday in June. That way the meeting schedule
will still be 3 per month, and in the second, third and forth weeks.

Please come to discuss this idea.
If you have *i**deas on where you would like to see Monday meetings held,
other than the Classic Cup Cafe,* please bring information about any such
location.  We need to know that the place is ADA accessible, does not
charge a rental fee, and is open to all.

If you have questions, or thoughts on this process that need to be
addressed before Sunday April 19, please get in touch with me at
boc.seneschal at gmail.com.

Thank you,
Kay of Tre Asterium
Seneschal for Cynnabar