[Cynnabar] Scribal tea and Burn-it party!

Ann Asplund via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Aug 5 15:11:22 UTC 2015

Greetings to all!

I have heard interests for a burn-it-eat it Pennsic pity party and I also
wanted to have a full day A&S to give people time to actually get something
started, so here it goes:

Saturday 8th August: Scribal day, starting around 2pm, there will be
several stations set up, for people to be able to look up extant examples,
to sketch, to try different borders etc. There will also be a last chance
to see the book Master RanthulfR has finished (a 14th century psalter in a
15th century binding), before it goes of to the client. Feel free to bring
your own projects and materials, and if people are interested, we can also
make some paint. There will be slopes available to try too. If you never
have tried calligraphy or illuminations before, this is a good day to come
by and play. If you have, well, this is a good day to come by an play
regardless, and to share scribal stories :)
There will be scribal suitable snacks available, and when we drag in to the
evening, we will order pizza (or whip something up in the kitchen,
depending on what people are feeling for to eat).

Sunday 9th August: from 5 pm. Since we are not at Pennsic, but still love
to have a bonfire, we thought we would have a "eat -it-burn-it party" We
have a huge pile of wood, and a pile of smores ingredients, so please save
us from having Hershey's in the house! Pot luck dinner, and dig out those
weird food stuffs people keep giving you, that you try once and then get
stuck in the back of the freezer, that needs to be finished off. The gazebo
will be screened in, so we will be saved from the mosquitoes. Please bring
stories and songs to share around the fire.

Where will these events take place? At 2101 South circle drive, Ann Arbor.
Please email me if you need directions, a ride or get lost on the way.
Phone is 734 663 0954.

Please let me know with a short email or Facebook message if you are
planning to come, and to which event you are coming, so that I may plan
accordingly :)

Best regards,
Arina de Traentorp, Cynnabar MOAS