[Cynnabar] 20150817 BoC Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Aug 18 16:00:11 UTC 2015

 20150810 Barony of Cynnabar                        7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831.

*Event and Demo Reports*

None

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**:*

Their Excellencies were unable to attend.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Festifall (Thursday, September 10, 2015 11am-4pm.) *Daye & Deputies

Daye will be setting up on the Diag at 10:15.  Hattie will cover the table
from 1-2:30.  Flyers ready.  Will also make bookmarker-size stiff paper
strips with the Cynnabar Facebook address.  Can you *come to
Festifall?*  Please
contact Daye if you can help to *staff* the table, *perform* or
*demonstrate* something, or help with *displays*. chatelaine at cynnabar.org

The Mass Meeting date is not set.  Hattie is checking dates now.  Like past
year there will be flyers, stations, demonstrations.

Recruiting activity:  Old Movie Night!  The Princess Bride, on campus with
Popcorn.  Tickets will be given to visitors at the Mass Meeting, admitting
them and a guest to the movie for free.  Room is not yet set. *Questions to
resolve:* Will there be a charge for other guests?  Do we need permission
to serve popcorn?

*DEMO:  Dixboro Farmer’s Market Festival (October 13, 2015) - *Anne and
Chatelaine Deputies. No Budget?

This will be a lot like last year. Please bring things to Demo.   Lessons
learned:  We need actual list field set up.  People there did not realize
they could not cut across the area.  Games were popular.

*Fall Revel, Closing of the Range, & Battle of Agincourt 600th
Anniversary.  (Sunday October 25, 2105) Dillon’s Range.* *Grey Odsson*
$250.

*Activities:* Fighting, Fencing, Archery, Socializing, Kill & Grill Potluck.

*Expenses:* *$250 total*.  Shall we Rent a tent? Shall we provide Other
Meat?  $125 for Privy.  Oil [Non Peanut] for Deep Fryer.  Please identify
other misc. expenses.  Charcoal?

*Food:* Deep Frying at least 1 (well-thawed, completely dried off) Turkey
is planned.  (Grey has a 20# turkey to contribute.) You too could bring
something to Deep Fry.

*Questions:* Does the Deep Fryer have a Basket for frying small items?  Do
we have Skimmer?  We will need a non plastic table for cooking activities.

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *Agnoletta,
Johannes $___ Budget.

Staff meeting will be next week, Lady Agnoletta will e-mail location (Send
to Barony at cynnabar.org please)

Pale Ad is going to Baroness Genoveva by deadline. She sent Agnoletta a
template to fill out.

Still waiting for Lady Ilse to present a *lunch tavern budget*.

*Wassail*  (__ *December __ 2015) – *Steward ________ We need a bid
proposal.  Site___  Chelsea Fairgrounds last few years.

A good 1st time event to Steward.

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga.

No news.

*Old Business*

*Trailer for List field parts*. 5’x10’ would be best size. Shopping
results: No news

Discussion:  Covered trailers have high approval from many who have used
them.

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) 3rd  of 3
meetings $60-100

Seeking Art or Artists.

*Proposal for Leather and Rivers for Armored Fighters *– Gregor   purchase
for $200 leather and rivets for use in our loaner equipment for armored
combat.  3rd  of 3 meetings

*Approved.*  No objections have been raised; only suggestions.  Reportedly
Malachi has donated some leather to the project.  Those who can do the
work: Please begin the repair process.  Daye reports she already has new
people who want to try heavy weapons and fencing.

*New Meeting Site *or *Meeting Day.*  Classic Cup Café no longer open
Monday evenings, 9/7/2015.

*Discussion on line summarized:*  Monday is important to keep.  It would be
better to not be in a restaurant, so no one feels pressured to buy
food.  Having
Bus service to the site is very desirable.  It will assist members to
attend, especially students. It might attract students if we meet on North
Campus.

Suggested locations [no particular order]: Ypsilanti: Haab’s Restaurant,
Michigan Ave.  Ypsi Library on Whittaker Rd.  JoAnn Fabrics, sewing Class
area. Carpenter Road.  Bonna Sera restaurant, Michigan Ave.

Ann Arbor:  St Claire Church/ Temple Beth Emeth, Packard Road, meeting room?
Grand Traverse Pie Co. seating area, Zeeb Rd.  Pierpont Commons UM North
Campus, Free reserved rooms, food for sale in building.

Saline:  Saline Library, Free[?] Rooms. A Saline Restaurant?

Temporary Site is BOOKED for September:  Pierpont Commons, U Of M North
Campus, Boulevard Room for the 14th and 21st. (the 28th is unavailable
everywhere, because of a Career Faire.)

2101 Bonisteel Blvd Ann Arbor, MI 48109. NC43 is the number of the free
evening parking lot closest to Pierpont Commons.  SEE a UM Map. (
http://pts.umich.edu/maps/north_medical.pdf)

*New Business*

NONE

*Other Group Discussion*

*A new supply of Tower’s Light badges* is needed.  If you have an idea
please show it to the Baron and Baroness.

*Hamlet *with Benedict Cumberbatch will be shown twice at the Michigan
Theatre.  A date in October, and Sunday, November 15.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

• *Refreshments for Known World Baronial Championships Pennsic Tourney*.
($200?) WERE the last receipts handed in?

• *Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95 budget)
Ms. Giovanna:  will be ready for Grand Day of Tournaments, says the project
team.

• *Youth box* – continues

*Announcements* –

Archery at Melisant and Jeremy’s was fun, Daye reports.  Lost and found
arrows, shooting at Pool Noodles.

Grey moved Archery Gear into Pete and Daye’s barn for storage.

Grey:  There is a construction project at Dillon’s; friends are not invited
to shoot for the next few weeks.

We have a tub for our Fabric Wall, to protect it from critters in the Barn.