[Cynnabar] BOC Meeting Minutes 8-24-2015

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Aug 25 23:52:51 UTC 2015

 20150824 Barony of Cynnabar                        7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831. *LAST
TIME!*

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

Let’s include everything we are doing in the Society in these reports; not
just events and travel!

·         Grey is making arrows and bow strings.

·         Luisa has been “horsing around.” And Kay saw pictures of her and
her horse.

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**:*

Gift of Enamel & brass Elephants from China.

3 Youth Rapier fighters came to Arms Practice on Sunday 8/23.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Festifall (Thursday, September 10, 2015 11am-4pm.) *Daye & Deputies

Daye will be setting up on the Diag at 10:15.  Hattie will cover the table
from 1-2:30.  Please contact Daye if you can help to *staff* the table,
*perform* or *demonstrate* something, or help with *displays*.
chatelaine at cynnabar.org

*The Mass Meeting* date: ___ But it will be the Anderson Rooms, and at 7 pm.

Recruiting activity:  *Old Movie Night*!  9/19.  Still seeking a location.

*DEMO:  Dixboro Farmer’s Market Festival (Friday Oct 23, 2015) – *Gabby,
Anne and Chatelaine Deputies. See Chatelaine Report.

*Fall Revel, Closing of the Range, & Battle of Agincourt 600th
Anniversary.  (Sunday October 25, 2105) Dillon’s Range.* Grey Odsson  $250.
All Activities:  Combat Heavy and Rapier, Archery.  Inspections will be at
Barn. Archery Walk Through Course! (in a different direction) Youth
Activities?  Maybe Youth Marshalls can attend; in planning.  Drive in Drop
off, and park back on the street.

Shall we provide Other Meat besides Grey’s Turkey?  What could YOU bring to
Deep Fry or Grill?  Do we need to buy Charcoal?

*Questions:* Does the Deep Fryer have a Basket for frying small items?  Yes!
Do we have Skimmer?  Maybe…   We will need a non plastic table for cooking
activities.

Novelty Shoots:  Apples, perhaps. Kay will look for her Havalina Pig target.

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *Agnoletta,
Johannes $___ Budget. *lunch tavern budget*.

1st meeting rescheduled to Wednesday, Sept 9,  7pm with the location to be
emailed shortly.

Ad is in Pale for October.

*Wassail*  (__ *December __ 2015) – *Steward ________ We need a bid
proposal.  Site__________

We will try to book a date at Chelsea Fairgrounds and see if a Steward
Appears.  *Ilsa* *will find the contact info* and send it to *Kay*.  If it
does not surface *Ceara may have* it.  Ladies, what news after 24 hours?

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga.

No news

*Old Business*

*Trailer for List field parts*. 5’x10’ would be best size. Shopping
results: No news.  Discussion:  Covered trailers have high approval from
many who have used them. 1st meeting with Details of purchase. No
objections raised.

Max reports that a 5’x12’ 5’ tall enclosed trailer with double back doors
and single side door is @3000.  Its single axle, no integral brakes. 2
weeks or so from order to delivery .  This could be done in time for GDoT.  The
dealer is a reliable maker of custom trailers.  Max has one…

Don’t we really want a 6’ tall box?  Probably.  Max will get a revised
quote, but estimates that might be$3500. Easier to load and unload at that
height.

Weight of List Field components?  Reportedly 2000 lbs. before the new
sections were made.  NOTE:  this trailer will be the new home of the List
Field.  It will live inside except when it is set up.

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) 3rd  of 3
meetings $60-100

Seeking Art or Artists.

No comments

*New Meeting Site *or *Meeting Day.*  Classic Cup Café no longer open
Monday evenings, 9/7/2015.

*Discussion on line summarized:*  Monday is important to keep.  Better to
not be in a restaurant.  Bus service is very desirable.  It might attract
students if we meet on North Campus.

Temporary Site is BOOKED for September 14th, 21st:  Pierpont Commons, U Of
M North Campus, Boulevard Room. 2101 Bonisteel Blvd Ann Arbor, MI 48109. NC43
is the number of the free evening parking lot closest to Pierpont Commons.  SEE
Map. http://pts.umich.edu/maps/north_medical.pdf. NC27, closest lot, has
paid visitor parking $1.20/hour.  See map further down.

Calendar was updated by Aaron to show the meeting changes.

It would be great if there were somewhere adjacent but not in the room for
young kids to play.  Maybe we need a Meeting Toybox.  Viktoria looked
interested.

The 28th is unavailable Try one of these below? Or we can ask the
Duderstadt Library next to Pierpont about getting a room for 1 night.

*Suggested locations* Ypsilanti: Haab’s Restaurant, Michigan Ave.  Ypsi
Library on Whittaker Rd.  JoAnn Fabrics, sewing Class area. Carpenter Road.
Bonna Sera restaurant, Michigan Ave. Ann Arbor:  St Claire Church/ Temple
Beth Emeth, Packard Road.  Grand Traverse Pie Co. seating area, Zeeb
Rd.  Pierpont
Commons UM North Campus, Free reserved rooms, food for sale in building.
Saline:  Saline Library, Free[?] Rooms. A Saline Restaurant?

*New Business*

Crickets

*Other Group Discussion*

Grey saw and bought a Polaris bow riser. You can buy limbs to match.  See
Grey if you Want to learn more about this type of bow, or maybe make a deal
with him for this equipment.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

·   *Refreshments for Known World Baronial Championships Pennsic Tourney*.
($200?) WERE the last receipts handed in? Not yet….

·   *Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95 budget)
Ms. Giovanna:  for Grand Day of Tournaments.

·   *Youth box* – continues

·   *Leather and Rivets for refurbishing Loaner Armor *– Gregor  $200
leather, buckles, rivets etc.  *Approved 8/17//15.*  No purchasing has
occurred yet.  Ermenrich and Gregor made some plans.  There is new loaner
gear o add and work on , too. Some plastic armor pieces will need to be
replaced.  Look for a “Repair Night” soon when you can help with this
project AND learn how to fix your own gear.

Loaner Cups were discussed.  We have several, and donations are requested
of those who borrow them to keep the supply stocked.

*Announcements* –

*Map of North Campus, from *http://pts.umich.edu/maps/north_medical.pdf

*Officer Reports                      8/24/15*

*Exchequer* (Ilse Strauss) – We have a very healthy bank balance.  Heidi
says it is just over $14,000.

*Webminister* (Aaron) – I think the Website looks great!  Everything is up
to date, including the Sept 14 and 21 meetings, happening at Pierpont
Commons.

*Fencing Marshal* (William) – Busy out on the field, so not here to report.

*Min A&S* (Arina) – Look for announcements about upcoming Arts activities.
I will not steal Arina’s thunder.  Just, exciting things will be happening.

*Min. Youth* (Viktoria) – We have more young people that ever in Cynnabar.  I’m
doing lots of planning for GDoT.  There will be actual classes that our
youth can sign up for and attend. The Page School idea is in the process of
development, with Heidi, Ceara, and myself seeing what we can do for our
region as well as our Barony.

*Chatelaine* (Daye) –

August: The demo season is upon us.  Everyone is invited to participate.  Email
is the preferred contact if individuals can help with these awesome PR
events. Wgouine1 at mac.com

Sept:  Hattie Knapp deserves our appreciation and thanks.  She is rocking
her job and she isn’t even on campus yet!

Ø  Northfest: Monday September 7, 2015 11 am- 2pm North Campus

Ø  Festifall: Thursday September 10, 2015 11 am- 4 pm, Central Campus Diag.

Ø  MOVIE NIGHT: (Date TBA, but possibly Sept 19) Princess Bride.  Tickets
will be given out at Northfest and Festifall. Dress is casual, modern.
Popcorn!

Ø  Mass Meeting: GIANT DEMO!  Last Year was rousing success!  Let’s do that
again.  Waiting for the right night to be available - Not Coronation…  Please
bring things to show.  Let Daye know what you would like to do.

Oct:  Dixboro Farmer’s Market Demo, Friday Oct. 23, 3 pm to 7 pm. 5221
Church Rd Ann Arbor, MI.  Luisa /Gabby is the Point person.  Write her at
gabrielamd1994 at hotmail.com OR gabrielamd1994 at gmail.com   We will need help
to set up a section of List field, Kay thinks.

*Chronicler *(Gavriil) – Waiting for news, so send him something to publish.

*Herald* (Johannes) – The last Heraldry meeting was great!  There is no
heraldry night in September due to the Labor Day Holiday, but you will not
want to miss it in October because the plan is to have a naming research
night, or perhaps another workshop.

*Knight Marshal* (Gregor) – Combat Arts continue even after Pennsic.  Find
Gregor and Co. in Island Park on Sundays.

*Archery Marshal* (Grey) – There is no shooting at our usual friend’s home
due to construction.  Anyone able to locate a place for occasional
practices?

*Seneschal* (Kay) – I’m doing my quarterly report this week. It WILL be
done before Dear Dan arrives from Atlantia on Friday.

If you are *interested in running a meeting please talk to me*.  You do not
have to commit to any other duties, but it is the start of a new school
year at University of Michigan and my team is going in short handed.  It is
possible that I will need someone to *take the minutes and guide the
meeting on Very Short Notice*, if something goes horribly pear-shaped at
work.  Drop me a line if you are not afraid of this task.

*Baron and Baroness* (Kasha and Ermenrich) – We will hold Court at Closing
of The Range.  We also have some pending ROYAL BUSINESS o conduct on behalf
of Their Majesties.  Our new King and Queen plan to attend Grand Day of
Tournaments, and there will be both Royal and Baronial Courts.  Please send
us and THRMs your recommendations for awards.  Check the Kingdom Order of
Precedence to see the awards held by your target recommendee.  See the
Cynnabar webpage for information on existing local awards, if you need to
do so.

Baroness Hannah as a very good handout on how to write award
recommendations and We shall see if she will share it again.

We are Still A Barony.