[Cynnabar] Demo Success!!!

Stephanie Ceara via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Dec 11 05:06:36 UTC 2015

Thank you for those of you who came out to the Ann Arbor Christian School
Demo tonight! As her Excellency has already expressed, it was a lot of fun!
With this being my first time running a demo of any sort, I found it
extremely rewarding, Who knows, maybe we'll even get a family or two!!!
There were a couple boys in particular that were pretty taken with the
fighting and everyone seemed to really love the dancing. We had a perfect
audience for the choir performance as well! I want to thank each person
that came, Baroness Kasha, Baron Ermenrich, Aaron, Monigue, Magda, Sally,
Martha, Hannah, Art, Alina, Midair, Martin and Cassandra. There was talk
about plans for next year as well as possibly returning in the late
winter/Spring!!! (it was cute, the 8th graders were very sad they missed us
last year.) Everyone at the school seemed very pleased.

Thank you to the choir. Baroness Kasha for organed the choir. Practices
were fun and it was so great to be able to sing again! All of the singers
sounded great!

To the Dancers. Mistress Alina quickly organized and pulled dancing
together.

And then to the Fighters who did really great working the crowed at the
end! Baron Ermenrich, Master Midair, and Baron Tairdelbach were great
working with the kids and the intense amount of questions being asked.

Lastly I would like to give a special shout out to Cassandra. She not only
showed up, danced and was a most active part of the barony tonight but we
also taught a dance to about 20 eighth graders tonight. She also showed the
spirit of the SCA to the other children by telling them the stuff she does
as well as letting them know that she has fought, and beat, the king her
self. I think having her there was a great way to make the children feel
more on the same level as those of us there. It shows that what we do can
be for youth too. So thank you, Cassandra. (Elaine, please pass this on to
her for me!)

Thanks again!
~Ceara

--