[Cynnabar] Coming this Fall to Cynnabar Rapier!

Kell Carnahan via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jul 15 00:03:13 UTC 2015

Coming this fall to rapier in Cynnabar: a schedule including youth
fighting, classes, tournaments, melee, traveling, and a challenge to
outside fencers!

Of particular note to non-Cynnabar fencers is the implementation of a
Cynnabar Throwdown on the last Sunday of every month, starting in
September.  Similar to the Sternfeld Throwdown, we’re challenging outside
fencers to come visit us.  There will be a couple hours of awesome fencing,
followed by melee games.  :)

I’ve asked a few people to teach classes at our practices (typically the 2nd
Sunday, see below), but they are not yet confirmed.  If anyone really wants
to come teach us something, let me know!

September: Sundays 12 - 4 pm, Island Park, Ann Arbor, MI

6: Normal practice

13:  Noon: practice opens; 12:30 - 1:30: Youth fencing; 1:30 - 2:30: Class
(to be determined); 3:00: Monthly tournament (gets you a spot in the Grand
Tourney in November!)

20: Cynnabar practice moves to Roaring Wastes!

27: Cynnabar Throwdown!  Visits from out of town fencers and melee games!

October: Sundays 12 - 4:30 pm, Michigan Union, Ann Arbor, MI

4: Normal practice

11:  Noon: practice opens; 12:30 - 1:30: Youth fencing; 1:30 - 2:30: Class
(to be determined); 3:00: Monthly tournament (gets you a spot in the Grand
Tourney in November!)

18: Cynnabar practice moves to Roaring Wastes!

25: Cynnabar Throwdown!  Visits from out of town fencers and melee games!

November: Sundays 12 - 4:30 pm, Michigan Union, Ann Arbor, MI

1: Cynnabar practice moves to Roaring Wastes

8: Day after Grand Day of Tournaments.  If a lot of far-off fencers want to
crash Saturday night and continue fencing on Sunday, we’ll hold practice!
If not, everyone take a break.

15: Noon: practice opens; 12:30 - 1:30: Youth fencing; 1:30 - 2:30: Class
(to be determined); 3:00: Monthly tournament (gets you a spot in the Grand
Tourney next November!)

22: Normal practice

29: Cynnabar Throwdown!  Visits from out of town fencers and melee games!

December: Sundays 12 - 4:30 pm, Michigan Union, Ann Arbor, MI

6: Normal practice

13: Noon: practice opens; 12:30 - 1:30: Youth fencing; 1:30 - 2:30: Class
(to be determined); 3:00: Monthly tournament (gets you a spot in the Grand
Tourney next November!)

20: Cynnabar practice moves to Roaring Wastes

27: Perhaps a Roaring Wastes practice again.  (No Throwdown – no room
available due to holidays)

January: Sundays 12 - 4:30 pm, Michigan Union, Ann Arbor, MI

10: Cynnabar practice moves to Roaring Wastes

17: Noon: practice opens; 12:30 - 1:30: Youth fencing; 1:30 - 2:30: Class
(to be determined); 3:00: Monthly tournament (gets you a spot in the Grand
Tourney next  November!)

24: Normal practice

31: Cynnabar Throwdown!  Visits from out of town fencers and melee games!

And that’s probably more info than you wanted at the moment!  :)

~Birke die Jaegerin