[Cynnabar] TODAY Last day to Pre Reg for Pennsic + Meeting MInutes.

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jun 17 11:41:59 UTC 2015

*Wednesday 6/17 is the Last Day to pre register for Pennsic.*  Please
pre-register if you are planning to camp with Cynnabar.  It affects our
land allotment.
 20150615 Barony of Cynnabar                        7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831

*Event and Demo Reports*

*Siege of Talonvale:*  It rained, but not during the fighting or the
archery.  Evenings though…. The new site was “less buggy” than the old one.

*Crown Reports* still coming in:

1) Crown Lunch tavern - Profit $943.16

2) Crown Gate/Feast - Income $8548   Expenses/Refunds $4504.45  Profit
(before split) $3778.55  Profit (after split) $1889.28

There may be one more receipt outstanding.  No, actually, Peter will cover
the cost of the Duct Tape for the floor as a donation.  Hoobah!

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar:*

“Unfortunately, Ermenrich and I will not be able to attend tonight's
meeting. Please apologize to the populace for us.

“Please let everyone know what a great time we had at the Siege of
Talonvale, and ask them to consider helping Lady Daye with the demo on
Friday if they are available. Also, Ermenrich will be at Baronial Border
War this weekend and would love to have a large company to fight with. :)”

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Saline Celtic Festival (July 11, 2015) - *$75 Art says:

Our Liaison/ contact is happy to have someone (Grey will do this) come to
tent lay out on Monday 7/6 at 6 pm to make sure spacing is as needed for
Archery.  There will hopefully be less crowding this year as Ring of
Steel’s location is different.

SET UP!  Friday night, 7/10  Stay and enjoy the Music afterwards!

The race (Tough Mudders) will pass behind our site but they will be
enforcing start times, and the groups should be more compact.  It is said
the race will have completely passed our site by 10:30 am

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – $_____  *Johannes

No report.

*Old Business *

*Trailer for List field parts*.  2nd of 3 meetings (may need o extend due
to no report this week.) Max and Wilik are looking at costs. This would cut
3 hours off the time to get List field parts out of storage and use it. A
flat bed is available for $329. Is a covered trailer better? 5’x10’ would
be best size. 2nd of 3 meetings.  Shopping results:

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?)  2nd of 3
meetings Cost? No report.

Jim will be bringing a Darkyard sample sticker, and info on their order
process.  Stephanie is looking at costs from various sources. Kay found
stickers easily to order online, and nice prices for pages, rather than
rolls.  A pave could be $5-$10 and have 4 to 8 round stickers depending on
size.  More to come.

*New Business*

*St. Cecilia V:* Jadwiga & Aaron. Budget= $400.00, plus separate budget for
Lunch & Dinner Tavern($TBD) 1st of 3 meetings.

Here is a link to the proposal:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wOJC8TF-kivM2bjORNh3uaD8XNlnn6R6mqIDTV16GbQ/edit?usp=docslist_api

*Date*: April 30th - May 1st 2016

*Site*:

~$200 - St. Paul’s UCC for Saturday (Based on single day cost from 2014)

$0 Michigan Union for Sunday (Anderson Room ABCD)

*Fudge Money*: $200

*Total*: $400

*Suggested Donation*: $6 (to cover these costs)

*Expected attendance*: 65 - 100 (Last year’s attendance was ~60; 2 years
ago it was around 79)

*Breakeven*:  67 attendees giving the full suggested donation. (Assuming we
use all $400, which in all likelihood we won’t.)

Lunch and Dinner *Tavern budgets: TBD*

Donation money and food money will be kept separate.

*Other Group Discussion*

*Wednesday 6/17 is the Last Day to pre register for Pennsic.*  Please
pre-register if you are planning to camp with Cynnabar.  It affects our
land allotment.

*Cynnabar Tabards assembly*:  Deadline to return is Pennsic!  The Baron
will be happy to have them back any time.

Do we want to *go as a group to shoot War Point Archery*?  Forester Grey
will arrange.  Baron Tardlebach recalls 10-12 people turned out for this
effort last year, so it is worth doing.  Grey will confirm that Their
Excellencies have a spot for this on their Pennsic Calendar.

Aelfric invited Master Midair to the meeting and offered to buy him Pie.
The Seneschal for Cynnabar applauds this effort to bring in marginalized
members of the Barony and hopes others will follow this example.  *Maybe we
should have a* *Fall effort to increase meeting interest; “Bring a Friend.”*
I plan to offer to rides to student members from campus.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

·         *Budget item: Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor
covering *($95 budget) Ms. Giovanna  Finish in the Fall, ready for Grand
Day of Tournaments, says the project team.

·         *Budget item: Fabric and materials Shadowed Stars Baronial Gift
($200 budget) – *Baron Ermenrich  In Process.

·         *Reprint Social Cards: $50 *Daye  DONE for a cost of $3.00.  No
receipts will be submitted.

·         *New biz cards* – $50 Daye  It’s unclear if this was completed
with the Social Cards.  I’m new to this terminology and have not seen these
publications… Daye, can you update?

·         *Youth box* – No news during summer

*Announcements** – *

*Simple Day in Indianapolis will be the LAST EVENT* to get authorized for
Heavy Weapons combat at Pennsic War.  You will be able to walk away with
your authorization card from that event.

See the Pale (or Midrealm Gazette) for the *Blackfox Awards for
publications*.  *The Citadel* had two awards:

*Best Special Issue*
*The Citadel*, April Fool’s issue, Spring 2014, from the Barony of
Cynnabar. Chronicler: THL Ermenrich von Duisberg.

*Best Short Fiction*
“Justice” by Master Midair MacCormaic, in *The Citadel*, Winter 2014 issue,
from the Barony of Cynnabar. Chronicler: Lord Gavriil Petrovich.