[Cynnabar] Meeting Minutes 20150622

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Jun 24 11:55:08 UTC 2015

I hope all your basements are dry!  I came home Monday to a broken pipe.
All is mostly better now.
Kay
20150622 Barony of Cynnabar                        7:00PM

Location:  Classic Cup Café   4389 Jackson Rd Ann Arbor, MI 48103-1831

*Event and Demo Reports*

*Baronial Border Wars:* Smaller event.  Site not buggy. Lots of Archery,
including a Viking ship burnt with fire arrows by those who had lost loved
ones in the last year.  Heavy combat- Cynnabar looked good.  William (our
Marshall for Fencing) authorized in sword and shield, and spear.  The
Cynnabar unit played Capture the Flag with the Baron of Northwoods as the
target to capture. In the afternoon the Battlefield Bar was serving.  There
was shaved ice with homemade fruit syrups

*Lilies War:*  Genoveva, Gregor and their son attended.  Genoveva taught 2
classes; Pleat work and Drawn Thread.  The site was beautiful, the company
was good.  There was a great archery event: you could board the Fierdracka
(sp?) Viking longship and sail along the shore to shoot at targets!

*Demo- Game of Thrones @ Pinkney Library:  *Daye, Claire, Gabby, and
several others attended.  A visitor from Northshield sang for much of the
time.  Luiza managed archery. Daye did an introduction to the SCA.  Strange
questions were asked, including one for “our shaman,” and for the loan of
clothing.

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar:*

See Quarterly Report.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Saline Celtic Festival (July 11, 2015) - *$75 Bar. Tardlebach says: Its
coming along fine.  The time for Monday measurements is not certain yet but
should be 6 pm.  Day passed a sign up for archery support.  It is a very
popular activity and needs lots of volunteers to run it safely. Adler has
volunteered his trailer for moving equipment to and from.  Finn sends his
pop-up shape pavilion.  Hjorlief the Blacksmith may be demonstrating.  Alex
the Blacksmith is an unknown quantity at the moment. Perhaps the Ballista
will be there to be admired.  Tear Down is Saturday at 7 pm.  If you can do
nothing else please come and help!

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) – *$1980  Johannes
reports: Lady Ilsa will run the tavern with Baroness Hannah as assistant.  Who
will be Gate manager?  Peter, Luiza and Ceara are discussing creating a
team to do it. Genoveva urges the team to get the web page up for the event
before Pennsic, so people will be expecting the event. Lady Agnioletta will
be consulted.

*Old Business *

*St. Cecilia V:* Jadwiga & Aaron. Budget= $400.00, Lunch & Dinner
Tavern($TBD) 2nd of 3 meetings. Monique and Aaron could not attend the
meeting. Those present had no questions, and were generally approving of
the plan so far.  Claire encountered the pastor of St Paul’s and told her
of the offer to sing at Sunday service.  Pastor is enthused!  She also said
that the church will market the event and the performance to members of the
church.

Please contact Monique and Aaron if you need more information about the
plans for this event.  nique.rio at gmail.com, aelkiss at gmail.com

*Hold for Post Pennsic: *

·         *Trailer for List field parts*.  A flat bed is available for
$329. Is a covered trailer better? 5’x10’ would be best size. Shopping
results:

·         *Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?)  Cost?
_______

*New Business*

*Known World Baronial Championship at Pennsic War: July 5, 2015* $200 Kasha
and Ermenrich. 1st of 3 meetings.  Again Cynnabar will host this heavy
combat event at War.  We serve fighter snacks and food for the assembled
Barons and Baronesses of the Known World. $200 is probably more than is
needed, a more precise estimate can be created. Their Excellencies need
volunteers to manage the food service.  Sir Straum will be organizing the
marshals and fighting activities.

*Other Group Discussion*

*Group Archery Marshall: *Forester Grey will train Lady Luiza VIncene as an
archer marshal.  She has agreed to be his deputy as group archery marshal
and so he formally offers to take that position.  They said that she is
great with the paperwork. Grey is organizing a Wednesday Practice soon, at
Jeremy and Melanie Bond’s home.  More to come.  Practice at other sites is
still unofficial and effectively by invitation.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:*

·         *Budget item: Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor
covering *($95 budget) Ms. Giovanna  Finish in the Fall, ready for Grand
Day of Tournaments, says the project team.

·         *Budget item: Fabric and materials Shadowed Stars Baronial Gift
($200 budget) – *Baron Ermenrich  In Process.

·         *New biz cards* – $50 Daye  DONE

·         *Youth box* – Victoria was on hand, (Welcome!) but this project
may still be on hold till after War.

*Announcements** – *

*Simple Day in Indianapolis 7/3-7/5 will be the LAST EVENT* to get
authorized for Heavy Weapons combat at Pennsic War.  You will be able to
walk away with your authorization card from that event.

The *Spring Revel Photo* is on the website.  All releases are complete.

*Officer Reports*

(normally done on 4th Monday of each month)

Exchequer (Aelfric (KExch for Ilsa) – The Baronial coffers currently hold
8581.5 pounds of bacon. mmmmm bacon. In current monetary terms that
$14502.66. [Holy Bacon, Batman >Kay] We currently still need to issue the
event refunds, and 1 expense from Crown. The refunds will be done later
this week.

Webminister (Aaron) – All is well, per Deputy Genoveva.

Fencing Marshal (William) – Rumor has it that Fencing proceeds in Cynnabar.

Min A&S (Arina) – Here comes the A&S report:

The plan of doing a monthly larger craft night has been torpeded due to the
limited number of Saturdays available, but the idea will be refurnished and
fitted with a new hull and sailed off in autumn.

Since we are not coming to Pennsic this year, the craft Tuesdays will
actually continue as normal, and there will be a dye weekend for the people
that are still around, where we will be doing more than one color. If other
people that are not going, lets me know when they would have time to play
with dyes, would contact me, it will be easier to coordinate.

Next MOAS A&S report is due July 15th, so please remember to make a note
about what you have been up to A&S wise during the time until then, because
I now Pennsic will affect memories.

Over and out, Arina de Traentorp MOAS

Min. Youth (Viktoria) – Children’s and Youth activities for Celtic Festival
are in the planning stages.  These activities will need shade.  Can anyone
offer that?

Chatelaine (Daye) – A successful Pinkney Library Game of Thrones themed
demo was reported above.  Celtic Festival plans are in hand.  We need
people to bring, do, and practice interesting things at the Festival.

Chronicler (Gavriil) – [electronically via Lady Ceara] The Citadel is on
schedule! Kay notes that last week’s minutes included the Citadel’s winning
two William Blackfox Awards.  That text is copied here for future
generations to note  the Glory of Cynnabar and her People.

*Best Special Issue  **The Citadel*, April Fool’s issue, Spring 2014, from
the Barony of Cynnabar. Chronicler: THL Ermenrich von Duisberg.

*Best Short Fiction  *“Justice” by Master Midair MacCormaic, in *The
Citadel*, Winter 2014 issue, from the Barony of Cynnabar. Chronicler: Lord
Gavriil Petrovich.

Herald (Johannes) – New Heraldry Night location @ The Secret Bunker
(Tardelbach & Hannah’s home. See Johannes for directions) There have been
no new submissions or returns of heraldry.

Knight Marshal (Gregor) – The Quarterly Report is in!  Low attendance at
Melee Practice, but more practice as a unit is happening at events.  The
new park location is convenient to parking and facilities.  Lady Birka
donated pads and foam for refurbishing the loaner armor and gear.

Archery Marshal (Grey) – SEE Announcements Get ready for Pennsic!  Check
your gear now.  If you need his aid in getting ready ask early.

Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich) – Please get recommendations
written for their Majesties attention at regional events and Pennsic War.  Also
please advise us for Cynnabar awards. We need help with decorations for
Baronial Court at Pennsic.  The theme is Dante’s Inferno (brainstorming of
ideas followed).

We are still a Barony!

Seneschal (Kay) – Many thanks to those officers who submitted reports
electronically or through deputies.  It makes this a very easy report to
write up.  If you cannot make it a message even the day after the meeting
will get into the notes.  boc.seneschal at gmail.com

 I will be in China for the first 3 weeks in Jul.  Lady Ceara will chair
our meetings.  Send to her if you have announcements of other items you
want to delivered to meetings.  Ceara Mhuirghease
ceara.stephanie at hotmail.com

Kay will be back in time to chair the meeting on Monday 7/27, BUT, because
so many people will be at Pennsic there is some question of who may be in
town to come.  *I will be at the Classic Cup from 6:45 to 7:15pm, but if no
one else comes I will depart*.  That week is Officer Reports.  Please send
them to boc.seneschal at gmail.com before you leave for Pennsic if you will
not be at the meeting.

Have a great month, everyone! I will miss you all while you are at War.