[Cynnabar] A Call for Pennsic Favors!

Genoveva von Lübeck via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Mar 16 14:12:47 UTC 2015

Pay heed, good gentles of Cynnabar, for we have been charged with a task by
Princess Arabella. Her Highness requests that we make 25 favors for the
coming war at Pennsic. The design, pictured here, symbolizes the joining of
forces between the Midrealm and the East to take over Aethelmearc. To help
our populace answer Her Highness' call, I have prepared kits with the right
size linen, good amounts of floss, and an embroidery needle. I also have
embroidery hoops for anyone who needs one. Favor Kits will be available at
the weekly business meetings starting tonight, as well as at Sunday
practices and our Spring Revel. To encourage the productivity of the
favors, I will reward the Cynnabar member who makes the most favors by the
day of Coronation (May 2) with a hat or cap of their choosing, made by me.
If you are new to embroidery, this is a simple piece and I am happy to
teach you how to do it. Any straight stitch, such as outline, stem, or
chain, works well. I made this first favor with an outline stitch with just
one evening's work. Please let me know are able to help by replying to this
e-mail or by speaking to me at one of the above-mentioned places.

A photo of an embroidered favor can be seen at
http://honorbeforevictory.com/call-for-cynnabar-members-to-make-favors-for-pennsic/
-- I will also post a step-by-step photo tutorial at this link soon for
those who are new to embroidery.

Genoveva