[Cynnabar] Public thanks

Kell Carnahan via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Nov 13 18:23:50 UTC 2015

Barony of Cynnabar -

I just want to take a moment to thank Lord William for all the hard work he
has done, and continues to do, as our Group Rapier Marshal over the past
couple years.  Those who aren't integrated tightly into the rapier
community probably don't see the hours of work he does every week.

He is at every practice, to make sure that practice can run.  If he can't
make it, he makes sure that someone else can cover practice ahead of time.
Every week.

He brings all the loaner gear to every practice.  That gear lived in my
house for a year (when Arnolde was group marshal), and I helped bring it to
and from practice then, and let me tell you - it is heavy, and unwieldy,
and a pain in the butt to both store and bring, every single week.  It's
also completely necessary and amazing to encourage our wonderful sport.

He washes the dirty loaner gear.  That's right - he takes stinky, sweaty
rapier armor, and washes it.  That takes time and money, every week.

He teaches.  Every time someone new comes to practice, he is there, ready
to show them the ropes.  One of our youth fighters, who is now 16, is a
good rapier fighter in large part because William has spent almost every
weekend of the past two years teaching him.

He pays attention to who is at practice, and keeps the rosters and
paperwork up to date.

He does a LOT of work, and most of that work is quiet work, hard work,
behind the scenes, only seen by nearby rapier fighters.  The coordinating
and scheduling work that I do is also good, but it is flashy, and I know
that people see it.  I want to make sure everyone knows just how amazingly
and tirelessly William works to keep our rapier community going, too.

~Birke die Jaegerin
Assistant to the Group Rapier Marshal