[Cynnabar] 20151123 Barony of Cynnabar

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Nov 26 14:00:40 UTC 2015

 20151123 Barony of Cynnabar

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

*Royal University of the Middle:  *Baroness Kasha, Ms Claire attended.  Had
a good time; participated in many good conversations.  Classes were diverse.
Honor, the Kingdom Bard taught a class in a Byzantine musical form and the
class performed at the evening concert.  Our late Exchequer Tristan was in
attendance and received his Purple Fret.

*GDoT:*  Te last check for the site had been dropped off and final budget
records are being completed.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Ann Arbor Christian School Demo, (Thursday December 10, 2015) 6:30 pm.  *
Coordinator:* Ceara* Site: 5500 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105

·         We have recruited 2 Fencers, 3 Fighters, 7 Singers.  5-6 Dancers.
 Several on the team are multi talented.  Ceara says then numbers are good
as they are.

·         If you need more information Write to Ceara. ceara.steph at gmail.com

*Wassail* (*Saturday* *December 12, 2015) – *Steward: Eidy. Site: Chelsea
Fairgrounds.  4 pm start. Budget $575. Closing time:  Is WEBSITE correct?  It
says 10:00 pm

·         Is that Clean up with departure later? Eidy has been asked to
clarify.

*Terpsichore at the Tower (March 5, 2016)* St Paul United Church of Christ,
Saline, MI Ceara is event steward. Budget $1000. Breakeven 84 Adults.

·         Ceara reports that all is on track for Terp.  Staffing is
established and teachers are sought. More in January?

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.  Budget
$400. Breakeven 67 Adults.

No News.

*Old Business*

*Search for Minster of Youth Office*:

·         Candidates may present their ideas at the first meeting in
December, 12/14

·         No Applicants yet!

·         Requires a background check.  See Midrealm Website for more info:
http://www.midrealm.org/mkyouth/

·         http://www.midrealm.org/marshal/youth_combat.php if a Martial
approach to Youth Activities interests you.

*Defining Baronial Activities;* *Improving our required record keeping.*   *3rd
of 3 discussions.  CONCLUDED*

·         As there is not budget or any specific action to be decided we
concluded that *this discussion is complete.*  The group agreed that it has
raised awareness of the issues and will help us to make correct choices
going forward.

·         *Please thank Baroness Kasha* for the excellent document she
complied from many sources to clarify the issues and proper processes for
different kinds of activities.  It will be useful.

*New Member Engagement and Activities on Campus. 3rd of 3 meetings.
CONCLUDED*

·         This and the following discussions produced lots of
brainstorming, and two concrete plans for the immediate future:

·         Baron Ermenrich and Baroness Kasha are creating a plan for
*”Everything
you need to know to Attend and Enjoy an Event.”*  This will be how to
activities to aid newcomers to prepare for and attend a specific event
(like Val Day) to help them to get out and to have a great time.

*Pre Meeting Activities on Mondays.  * *3rd of 3 meetings.* A discussion
about adding a half hour BEFORE the 7 pm meeting time.  CONCLUDED

·         Baroness Hannah offered to start *a list of Pre Meeting
Activities*. Please contact her if you can moderate, lead or teach a
session.  *We will start in January*.  Time may increase to 1 hour if there
is interest in the future.

*Purchase water and vermin-proof Banker’s File Boxes for storage of
Cynnabar Files.*  Budget:  $100. *3rd of 3 meetings  APPROVED*

·         Replace the 2 drawer cabinet with 5-6 Office Depot® Brand
Stackable File Tote Box, Letter/Legal Size, 10 13/16"H x 14 1/8"W x 18"D,
Clear/Magenta Item # 225624m,   $15.49 online.

*Shall the Barony donate $250 of Baronial Funds to support 50 Year
Celebration in July?  3rd of 3 meetings  *This is for the General Fund of
the event, no specific activity.

·         *APPROVED*

·         Consensus on 11/9, 16, and 23 was very positive.  No objections
have been reported.

*Will there be a Gift Exchange?*  *Yes*.  December 21, 2015

·         SPECIAL MEETING SITE, as Pierpont Commons is closed for Semester
Break.

NEW Center Building

North Conference Room

1100 North Main St, Ann Arbor MI 48104

·         Find a map and pictures at facebook.com/NonprofitEnterpriseAtWork
<http://www.facebook.com/NonprofitEnterpriseAtWork>

·         The Rules, mostly as written by Finn:

To participate, bring a wrapped gift (with no names) of around $10-ish.

FINN’S Note: NO crap stuff from Straum’s basement/house/garage/personage.

*This is done in the “Pollyanna” format. *- All wrapped presents are put in
the middle.
- People will draw numbers to see what order people go in.
- A person can either pick a new present from the pile and unwrap it for
everyone to see or they can “steal” a previously opened present from
another person.
- If a person’s present is stolen, they may either steal from another
person (no stealing directly back from the person who just took yours) or
choose to open another gift.
- Note 1: There is a 3 steal limit on any item. That means that a given
present may only be stolen 3 times total for the entire event. So the 3rd
person to steal an item cannot have it stolen from them again.

Kay notes that this is not how it is done in Sicilian Style…
- Note 2: The person who goes first does not get a chance to steal at the
beginning, so they will have one final chance at the very end to steal.

Kay notes that this is Very Nice.

*Need a site for 12/21 and 12/28 Meetings.  Pierpont Commons is closed*
between semesters in December.  The consensus of officers and attendees was:

·         The *Gift Exchange will replace the 12/21 meeting*, held at the *NEW
Center*.  See above.

·         *No Meeting* between Christmas and New Years, *12/28 is canceled*.

·         Officer Reports will be skipped for December.  Come back for the 4
th meeting in January.

*Improvements to Baronial Kit*:  Do we want to create actual Budget items
for any of these projects, or wait on them?  *Not at this time.*

·         *Vincent is willing *to design and build whatever is needed to
facilitate bridging the bleachers and for setting up the Cynnabar Heraldic
wall hangings

·         He also said: “…if we want parts to make yet another list field,
I can do that.  It probably will cost about $125.00 (just an off the cuff
estimate) for another 3 section square.  About 24’x24’.

·         Wants to design indoor Portable Holes to make freestanding places
to display banners and other heraldry?

*Shall we make a Royal Travel Fund Donation*?  Ermenrich  $_____ *2nd of 3
meetings Discuss in Jan 2016*

·         DECISION DELAYED until January on dollar amount and final
approval, until accounts are settled from GDoT.

·         Perhaps do the gift at Terpsichore?  Perhaps direct the Gift to a
purpose other than Travel Fund if TRMs have a project in mind.

*New Business*

None

*Other Group Discussion*

NONE

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**: *

SEE Officer Reports

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

·   *Youth box* – continues

·   *Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

o   Gavriil - potential sketch in December.

·   *Baronial Trailer dedicated for List Field* is on target for *delivery
around 11/20*. $3500-$3950     Black, 5’x12’ single axle covered trailer 6
feet tall, lights, inside and out, hitch kit.

·         *Do we have a Trailer? *Delivery date was schedule for 11/20.  Kay
will ask Crassus and Nezkha

*Announcements:*

*A New Merchant Venture:  *Grey will be selling Honey labeled by country of
origin.

                Consider supporting him by sending him a favorite recipe of
yours with the right to reproduce it and give it away to encourage sales.  I’m
sending a couple cocktail recipes.

*Johannes is ready to step down as Herald for Cynnabar, *and is seeking a
Deputy to learn the office and take over.

*Officer Reports                 11/26/2015*

Exchequer (Ilse) – *From Kays’ recall:* Last week the report was that we
have about $11,000.  Last receipts are still being paid from GDoT.

Webminister (Aaron) – Our Web presence looks good!

Fencing Marshal (William) – Birke sent a message to the Barony last week
praising William’s work in service of the Fencing Community here.  Let that
serve as a report on his activities and the state of Defense in Cynnabar.

Min A&S (Aeffe) – The Change of Office Form is signed.  There is not a lot
in the MOAS Files.  I plan to increase them, in part by asking Artists and
past MOAS officers to contribute useful material.

Min. Youth (OPEN) –

Chatelaine (Daye) – Niccola’s Books has no spots open for groups to do gift
wrap.  On Dec 3 starting around 2-3 pm there will be a collection of French
Medieval STUFF out to view in the Instruction Room.

Chronicler (Gavriil) – We await the next lovely issue of the Citadel.

Herald (Johannes) – Herald’s night this month was _,weird?>_ (Kay cannot
read her notes). Chicken Apocalypse in December, 1st Monday.  SEE the
announcements.  Johannes is seeking someone to take over this office.

Knight Marshal (Gregor) – Practices are continuing to happen at the
Michigan Union and attendance has been decent. The weekend before last we
had four new fighters in armor and two more waiting in the wings - this was
fantastic.

My domesday report deadline is coming up quickly and I'm pleased to report
that I will be submitting a rather detailed report of our participants and
combat related activities through the year.

Archery Marshal (Candidate in mind: Luisa) –. Grey says Luisa is still
planning on taking the office in the spring.

Seneschal (Kay) – I am writing the Quarterly.  I am thinking a lot about
what makes for good event planning, both inside and outside the Society.

My thanks to those who have expressed interest in moderating the December
meetings.   Sir Gregoir will lead on 12/14and Honorable Lady Ceara on
12/21.  Please use this set of notes as a template.

Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

·         WASSAIL is Coming!  Send us Award recommendations.

·         *Cynnabar will host Pentemere 12th Night* *2017*. If you would
like to be involved please look over the site for 2016 12th Night in
Howell.  We have planned to reserve that site in February 2016. Look at
Site in general, how it is used this year, set up details that you like o
would change, etc.

·         *Grand Day of Tournaments 2016*:  The Liberty School is reserved.

·         Queen Serena put a Thumbs Up photo from GDoT on her Facebook page!

·         Enjoy the Season. We are still a Barony.