[Cynnabar] 20151019 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sat Oct 24 13:28:58 UTC 2015

 I am sorry these notes are so delayed.  It has been a busy week.  I'm off
to shop and cook for Clsoing of the Range tomorrow. See you there!
20151019 Barony of Cynnabar

Boulevard Room, Pierpont Commons. October 19, 2015

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

·         Crown: Gregor, Genoveva, Max, Nishka, Brns. Kasha, Brn. Ermenrich
and others traveled to Crown Tournament.  Reports of noble prowess and
Other behavior.

·         Garb workday was held 10/4.

·         Archery practice Sunday was last for year.  Come to Closing of
the Range next Sunday.

·         Kay went to Manchester, England to present an academic paper,
toured 14th century cathedral, saw several 16th and 17th century buildings.
Car tour of Yorkshire included views of ancient houses and bridges, 19th
century dam, and Many Sheep.  I recommend the John Rylands Library to any
interested in period books and manuscripts; see the website at
http://www.library.manchester.ac.uk/rylands/

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*DEMO:  Dixboro Farmer’s Market Festival (Friday Oct 23, 2015) – *Gabby,
Anne, & Deputies. 3 pm to 7 pm. 5221 Church Rd Ann Arbor, MI.

·         Max will get the list field parts needed and bring them to site.

·         PLEASE, reply to Gabby’s Facebook Post if you can come and
demonstrate, especially combat.

*Fall Revel, Closing of the Range, & Battle of Agincourt 600th
Anniversary.  (Sunday October 25, 2105) Dillon’s Range.* Grey Odsson $250.

·         Work Bee to Set up Revel Saturday 10/24, from Noon to # pm.  FIRM
times.  NEED 6 More Helpers to get it done right. Please contact Grey.
horsearcherwannabe at gmail.com

·         SITE IS BONE DRY.  330 West Clark St Superior Township MI (North
of Ypsilanti)

·         Sunday:

·         Potluck dinner:  Let Grey KNOW what you plan to bring.  Fried
Turkey has turned into Roast Chickens.  Kay plans to bring 2 medieval Pies,
probably vegetarian. Desserts were mentioned.

*Grand Day of Tournaments (Saturday November 7th, 2015) Johannes, Steward.
S**taff:* Jason Irenfist, Heavy Marshal.  Birke, Marshall of Defense. Daye,
Royalty Liaison.  Genoveva, Deputy Steward.  Heidi, Lunch Chef

·         Almost all is set.  Web site is up to date.

·         Site Tokens: In Progress.  May need softer nails.

·         Set Up:  Friday 11/6, 6 pm to 9 ish. Gavriil is in charge.

·         Aeoffe will boss the tear down on Saturday after court.

·         Schedule:  Lists close at 4.  Court at 5 Site closes at 8 after
Clean up.

·         Thrown Weapons added to Website (I think that’s what this says)

·         Prizes:  Actual period coins for top prizes in Heavy weapons and
Rapier tourneys.  PLEASE tell their Excellencies if you have a donation.

·         *Gambling*:  Straum cannot run it all.  He may need
assistants.  *Contact
him for details*.

·         Youth Combat:  Master Kazmir will be coordinating.  Youth Rapier
will be happening and Levels 1 & 2.

·         Other Notes:

o   Day Camp boundary line will be set around the hall, 8 feet from wall,
to improve traffic.  NO camp buffets will be allowed. Only water and very
light foods are allowed on that floor surface. Ms. Giovanna will assist in
policing this issue.

o   TRM will attend and need private Royalty Room.  Scribes Room will be
added.

o   Tavern may not serve outside guests, i.e. people attending Farmer’s
Market elsewhere in building.

o   A constable will be patrolling grounds to ensure Site Rules are
followed.

*Wassail* (*Saturday* *December 12, 2015) – *Steward: Eddy Site: Chelsea
Fairgrounds.

·         On Kingdom Calendar. Web site is up.

·         What will be happening that day?  Details are needed.

·         Questions?

*Ann Arbor Christian School Demo, (Thursday December 10, 2015) 6:30 pm.  *
Coordinator: Brns Kasha. Site: 5500 Whitmore Lake Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105

Need people to attend and DO things.  Combat?  Dance?  This may happen
before or during a dinner.   Interested?  baroness at cynnabar.org

*Terpsichore at the Tower (March 5, 2016)* St Paul United Church of Christ,
Saline, MI Ceara is event steward. Budget $______

·         DATE Changed after conflict with Golden Seamstress appeared in
calendar

·         Web Site is up. Awaiting final schedule of the day’s events.

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.

*Old Business*

*New Business*

*Search for Minster of Arts and Sciences:*

·         Critical to have office filled.  Quarterly reports are the 1st
duty.  All else is at the applicant’s choice.

·         If you are interested, please prepare a proposal for how you
would fill the office, and present it at a meeting, *soon*.

·         Ms. Arina said:  “…The requirement is basically to write a report
four times a year. …it is not a hassle. You are not required to do things,
you can choose to do a&s displays, and to help with other a&s competitions.
Craft nights are not a requirement, neither is demos, but it is something
that is fun to do.

I am happy to talk more to anyone interested with questions about the
office. I have all my reports, I will try and print it all and get it on a
cd too. The hand book is on line, and easy to access, if people wants to
check it out. They should also talk to the Baron and Baroness, because
different excellencies have had different views on how they want to use
their minister, and that is something they will have to work out together.”

*Search for Minster of Youth Office*:

·         A great position for someone who enjoys working with children and
wants to help find opportunities for them to enjoy a life in our Society.

·         Requires a background check.  See Midrealm Website for more info:
http://www.midrealm.org/mkyouth/

·         People to ask about the position:  Ceara (now Deputy Kingdom MOY)
and Victoria have held the job.

·         If you are interested, please prepare a proposal for how you
would fill the office, and present it at a meeting, *soon*.

*A Day at Maker Works:*

Johannes reports that Maker Works offers one day trial uses of the facility
that can be arranged for groups.  The site includes sewing machines as well
as wood and metal fabrication machinery.  Would the Barony be interested in
arranging a day there, like is done for Garb Workday?  We would need to
decide early to book a date several weeks out.

*Map of Known World for Demos:*  Under $50 expense.

 A map of the Known World has been laminated for display at Mass Meeting
and other demonstrations.  Reimbursement approved by attendees as cost was
under $50 threshold, as per CFP.

*Other Group Discussion*

*Is the meeting Site finalized?   *Baroness Kasha asked.

Hattie says, yes.  She has booked the Boulevard Room at Pierpont Commons
for the rest of the semester, and will book Winter term, too.  She will ask
in the Spring about booking the room for May- September. It is unknown if
we need any students to say they will be on campus in the summer for this
to happen.

            Please note that our request for tables and chairs was filled.  We
had a hollow square the size of the room.  If you were wondering about
coming to a meeting you should check it out.  There is room for everyone to
work on a project o eat without danger of the two activities being
accidentally combined.

*SCA 101 should be revived* as a series of Classes for Newcomers.

Genoveva offered to discuss Clothing and Sewing.  Kasha says she and
Ermenrich would do a Heraldry Class.  Who else has taught and would offer a
class?  Who wants to create and present on a topic?

And lets restart the “I Would Teach List” on the website.  We can discuss
on Facebook, too.  For example, Kay would teach How to Make a Quick
Chaparon (aka hood with shoulder cape. Which I refer to as a Nice Medieval
Sweater.) Somebody else (Nishka?)said they could teach How to Make Pouches.
Everyone needs something to carry things.

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**: *

·         COME to Dixboro! [Our turnout was about 12,  If Kay Recalls
Correctly. We had FUN!]

·         Remember Closing of the Range on Sunday

·         Please let Us know if you have Prizes for GDoT.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

·   *Fabric/materials for making new Baronial floor covering *($95 budget)
Giovanna:  for Grand Day of Tournaments.

·   *Youth box* – continues

·   *Leather and Rivets for refurbishing Loaner Armor *– Gregor  $200 This
item will be removed as completed, because with donations Gregor does not
think he has to spend any money.  He was urged by several to at least cover
is own costs for rivets and any other miscellaneous hardware.

·   *Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

o   Gavriil potential sketch in December.

·   *Baronial Trailer dedicated for List Field* is on target for delivery
around 11/20. $3500-$3950              Black, 5’x12’ single axle covered
trailer 6 feet tall, lights, inside and out, hitch kit.

*Announcements *All covered above

*Meeting adjourned at 8:09 pm.  *See, it really does not eat of that much
of your week.  It takes me longer to type and send these notes.  Do come
over some Monday.  Thanks! Kay