[Cynnabar] SCA Events, Demos, Practices, and Private Events – What’s the Difference?

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Oct 27 19:51:55 UTC 2015

Hello, everyone.

Recently, there have been a handful of SCA laws and policies that are
consistently not being followed at Cynnabar events and other activities. In
particular, the rules we have been breaking involve the use of waivers,
event publicity, and social media.

A large part of the problem is that most of us don't understand the
different rules for events, demos, and practices. In this Barony, we
approve business and work on projects as a group, which means *we are all
responsible for knowing and enforcing the rules*.

At last night's business meeting, we discussed the issue at length. I have
adapted my handout from last night (which dealt with specific situations)
for general reference. It is located here
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wfo70xPt5wwwe_Qz-UZ-d6Enh54ou5x6acQF1e9o74k/edit?usp=sharing>.
Please read it when you have time.

Sincerely,
Kasha Alekseeva