[Cynnabar] Spring Revel VII (2016) Reminder

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Apr 14 10:41:18 UTC 2016

Fair and glad greetings I send unto you, gallant Cynnabar! Let it be known
that you and yours are all cordially invited to the Barony’s Spring Revel
this Sunday, April 17th at Island Park [1450 Island Drive in Ann Arbor] as
we celebrate the arrival (finally!) of Spring and give welcome to the
return of that golden orb that lengthens the warming, growing days ahead.
(So be sure to wear / bring the sunscreen!)

When preparing for your journey to the Island Park, may I suggest
remembering the 5 (+1) G’s:
Gate, Garb, Gear (as in Feast and Fighting), Grub (and Brew), Games, and
Grill (if you have one).

GATE. Although this is a free event to all, we still require that everyone
sign in at Gate. Doing so at the time of your arrival (or very soon
thereafter) will free you from having to stop what fun you are having to do
so later in the day! Also, a Baronial group photograph shoot will be take
place in the afternoon, most likely right after Court. To be made
publishable, a SCA “Model Release Form” will have to be on file with the
Barony for each person in the photo. -- A limited number of these forms
will be available on site, if you haven’t already signed one. Or to
expedite this process, you may visit:
http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleaseModel.pdf to print and fill out a copy
beforehand. Thanks!

GARB. Please wear appropriate medieval attire. If you are new to the SCA
and would like to borrow garb to wear at the Revel, you may contact our
Baronial Chatelaine, Lady Daye at:
https://www.cynnabar.org/offices/3/contact   To view some of the garb
available, please visit the Barony’s website here:
https://www.cynnabar.org/goldkey

GEAR. Although disposable tableware will be made available, in an effort to
reduce waste and our footprint [this is Ann Arbor, after all] please bring
and use your own Feast Gear. (Plus it helps lend more of an aire of a
medieval feast!) -- There is an outdoor spigot located between the
restrooms on one side of the Pavilion to help facilitate clean up.

GRUB. For the lack of better word beginning with a “g”, this one will have
to do! -- Please bring a dish to share, along with your own main/protein
dish to grill (meat, fowl, fish, and/or vegan options; this doesn’t have to
be shared, unless you want to.) There are electrical outlets in the Park’s
pavilion, so the use of crockpots and warming trays can be supported. There
is one large, permanent grill in the park that will be supplied with
charcoal that everyone is welcome to use. Also, the Barony has secured a
Beer and Wine Consumption permit for the Revel! We just kindly request that
you drink (and drive) responsibly and always be mindful that under-age
children will be present. You are solely responsible for managing any adult
beveragesvyou bring, so if you share do it wisely, with other adults.

GRILL. Personal/portable grills are allowed in the park. However, the City
requests that all ash and unused charcoal be removed from the park. So
please DO NOT leave or dump the ashes in trash receptacles!

GAMES. Please bring your favorite pastimes, be it board or outdoor games or
perhaps that project you are currently working on. -- It has been my goal
as Event Steward to make this as “low key”, relaxing, free form, and
enjoyable as possible for everyone. So let us take this wonderful
opportunity to share and celebrate what makes the Barony of Cynnabar so
great -- each other!

I look forward to seeing you on Sunday!

Yours in Service,
Eadrǽd