[Cynnabar] 20160418 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Apr 21 00:35:58 UTC 2016

 20160418 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Anno Societatis L

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _2_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30.  _ 8_ attendees.

*Workshop Topics:*  Tonight was
* "Kumihimo, with Lady Terryl.*

   - Please join us at 6:30 for an interesting topic before each meeting.
   - Please tell Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
   you would like to present a workshop.  All topics are of interest.

May 9 - *How to Run Gate by THL Aelfric and Mistress Giovanna.*  The
Kingdom Exchequer and an experienced event steward explain what you know to
serve as head of this department of an event.

BOOK CLUB! *Planned Discussion: June.* This week we picked a book.  Let’s
see who is interested. Ermenrich commended highly a modern book with a
period setting and theme, *The Return of Martin Guerre*, by Natalie Zemon
Davis.  See a Synopsis at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Return-Martin-Guerre-Natalie-Zemon/dp/0674766911

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

*It Takes My Child to Raze a Village - Weld Lake: *Several members of the
Barony turned out to attend and to support this neighboring event. 80 to
100 children and their adults were at the event.

·         Goedaeth was Archery Marshall in charge, and met an excellent
young shooter, per Grey.  She praised the archers of Cynnabar who came to
support her:  Aeffe, Dillon, Eadraed, Eris, Ivar, Kitch (SP?), Louisa.

·         Grey had 25 people at Thrown Weapons.

·         Ceara taught How to make and Play 9 Men’s Morris ,a period board
game  She noted that there were peers of all orders present, teaching and
working with young people.

·         Home Made Root Beer was provided for Floats, as is the tradition.

·         Great Idea: Ceara liked the Service Opportunity board:  a pillar
in the middle of the event had notes of what needed to be done, and young
people could take a slip, do the task, and turn the completed slip in for a
reward.

*Spring Revel –* “Well Done, Eadraed,” said Baron Ermenrich, with the
agreement of all present! Eadraed praised those who supported and advised
him, most especially Aeffe and Godaeth.

·         79 Adults signed in with 9 non member waivers and 11 child
waivers.

·         80 people in the picture per Ceara. Thank you to Genoveva and her
team.

·         9 people used Gold Key clothing.  Thanks go to Daye.

·         Budget was accurate to within a couple dollars.  Receipt will go
to Ilse.

·         If you did not do a photo waive at Revel you still can do an
online general SCA photo release; please do.
http://www.sca.org/docs/pdf/ReleaseModel.pdf

·         Spring Yard Sale to raise money for New Member Activities:
$400  Great
result, Ceara!

o   Funds will be used to support a New Friend Scholarship Fund, to help
newcomers get to events, or acquire skills and equipment to become more
active.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.  Budget
$400. Break even 67 Adults.

·          Anderson Rooms are booked for Sun May 1. Advanced Classes and
Guided Playing will be the activities that day.

·         Please! Let Aaron and Jadwiga know if you are able to host out of
town guests for crash space.

·         BAKESALE!

*Celtic Festival (Saturday July 9, 2016)* Saline Michigan. Baron
Tairdelbach. Budget >$100 Sports drinks, snacks.

·          Snacks

·         Daye is planning a *Fashion Show of Celtic Dress*.  If you have
Irish, Scottish, Breton, Welsh, or other Celtic period appropriate clothing
please contact her. She already has one or two people with excellent kit
who are prepared to model their clothing.

·         Enthusiastic discussion of other things that could be done on the
list field during times between bouts.  *Dancing by whoever is available to
simple instrument like a flute, recorder or penny whistle seems to be worth
planning.*

o   Kay realizes this morning that Concern about having people to teach the
audience to dance could perhaps be solved by only doing ring dances or
other very simple partner dances.  A person confident enough to dance a
*bransle* can guide one other person hand in hand.

o   *Could we agree on a goal of getting people out on the field and
moving, to have a physical experience? *Let’s discuss!

o   Demo one Dance, then each dancer recruits a partner from watchers;
suggestion.

*50 Year Celebration (June 17- June 2016)* Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds
1600 Main St. Danville, IN.

Check here each week for News of the Baronial Presence at 50 Year.

·         I have had people asking who will be Camp Organizer.

o   Sir Straum and Tigwyn Cynnabar have advised.

o   Kay can tell you where to go when you arrive, if I get your tent size
information…

o   I still need help as I have never had to negotiate a site division at
Pennsic.  Starry Knights is on a permanent location courtesy of Kenny
Cooper. Who has done this?

o   Contact info for tent sizes etc : kjarrell at gmail.com.  Sketches scanned
in are nice.

·         May 16 the option to use Pay Pal for your registration ends!

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI. Ms. Giovanna Steward. Budget $1735. Breakeven 174.

·         Staff Meeting held at Spring Revel

·         Contract is in!

·         Atalatal Battle is called for! Atalatal enthusiasts reported to
be recruiting attendees, per Grey.

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

·         If Church does not have an answer on Site Monday Ceara will call
them daily until she gets one.

·         Gathering Staff. Theme:  Gaming in our Period

·         Site cost still being researched.  It may be a cost per person
attending ($4?)

*Old Business*

*Search for Minster of Youth Office* –  There may be an interested
party.  Terryl
is interested in assisting.  Kay is getting a background check to increase
our staff in that area.

*Search for Cynnabar Pursuivant* –  Processing…

*Search for Knights Marshal -*  No News

*New Business*

*Royal Travel Fund Donation*  Ermenrich 10% of treasury, *about $1000* *1st
of 3 Meetings*

·         Ermenrich will consult their Highnesses to see what they need.  It
may be Travel, it may be a project. No word as of 4/18.

*New Baronial Award Tokens* Ermenrich $200 *1st of 3 Meetings*
·         Lady Kathryn was commissioned to design new enameled Tokens for Award
of the Tower's Foundation.  They will have rings at the bottom to suspend
an Elephant’s Heart if the owner is awarded one later. ·         The budget
will cover award tokens.

·         Designs will be shown at the next meeting.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

*Gift for Eastern Michigan Costume Shop, as thanks for access.*  *Lord
Uillec* *Budget $200*

·         Plan to purchase 4 pairs of Gingher fabric shears (unless another
item is more useful).

·         We will consult Ms. Mellisant.

·         A donation from one Non Profit to another is allowed by our
Corpora.

*Terpsichore at the Tower Report (March 5, 2016) *

·         Attendance:  136 adults, 9 children

·         Profit: Sizable, but still changing as final accounting goes on

·          Please turn in any outstanding receipts.

·         Ceara is creating an “after action” report.

*Baronial Trailer* Budget $3500-$3950       Black, 5’x12’x6’ single axle
covered, lights, hitch kit.

·         *Delivery:  It is here. *

·         *The price of the trailer did not include plywood lining for the
body.  *This is in the planning stage and that surface will also be covered
with vinyl flooring material to make it extra sturdy and resistant to bumps
and dings.

·         *Sir Dag is reported to be working on designs for Decals for the
outside.*  A Tower?  An Elephant?  Our web address in case people are
overcome with the need to know more about the Barony after seeing this
chariot on the road.

o   *This may need to be budgeted separately, depending on how far the
current funding will go.*

·         *Registration & Insurance:*  Daye got State Registration and
plates done. Kay will send to SCA Inc for insurance.

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

·         It is the season.  What do you want?

*Announcements: *

No Archery on Sunday 4/24

*Other Group Discussion*

Almost all Cynnabar *cards and brochures* have been handed out.  Which do
we need to reprint?  Perhaps a smaller version for the brochure- 1/3 page?  A
Web page addition with contact buttons for various activities or interest;
idea from Eadraed.  Something like the Gold Key link on our page. Daye and
Eadraed will consider and discuss possible ideas.

>From Last week:  Do we want to start a *new T Shirt Order*?  The Barony
owns the silk screens, and we can print as many as we want. Kay is in!

*Words of Their Excellencies:*

Our Event Progress:  Battle of Inland Seas May 13-15, Pentemere Archer’s
College May 21, Seige of Talonvale, June 3-5.  Please turn out, Militia and
People of Cynnabar! These events are regional armored, Rapier and Archery
practices.

Kasha will be elevated to the Order of the Laurel next weekend, at Feast of
Three Saints and Constellation Regional A&S
<http://rivenstar.midrealm.org/events.html> in Barony of Rivenstar [West
Lafayette, IN]. Please be in her Procession if you can attend.