[Cynnabar] 20160815 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sat Aug 20 12:12:01 UTC 2016

 I apologize for the lateness of these notes.  I had a busy week returning
to work.

Kay
20160815 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Minutes

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _7_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _10_ attendees.

Attending:  Tairdelbach, Eadraed, Morwen, Ceara, Amyon, Derian, Zygmunt,
Kay, Gregor

*Workshop Topics:* Tonight was: *No S#&T There I Was...Stories from this
year's Pennsic *

            Contact Baroness Hannah Schreiber at dawnlsinclair at gmail.com if
you would like to present a workshop. All topics are of interest.

Aug 22 – *Butter Making with Lord Alexander*. Join us for a "make and take"
workshop. Learn to churn butter and take home to enjoy! Appropriate for all
ages. Handout & Materials limit: 20. (Fee? TBA)

BOOK CLUB! *The Return of Martin Guerre*, by Natalie Zemon Davis.  See a
Synopsis at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Return-Martin-Guerre-Natalie-Zemon/dp/0674766911 *Planned
Discussion: September 26.*

Meeting began at _7:33_ pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Canton Public Library Demo*:  Sunday October 23, 2016 tentatively 1-3 pm.

·         Demo leader: Eidy and Ceara are discussing sharing this post.

·         We MUST get details to Amelia ASAP.  The Library has to publish
this event within 3 weeks.

·         Kay toured site in late July.  Nice spaces. The main room is high
ceilinged and could host combat if audience is along walls. It has AV, and
a large wall that would be excellent for slide show projection.  A possible
spot for combat could be roped off on one side of the entry walkway.  I
have photos.

·         Leaders of demo will tour site, see if and where combat
activities could happen.

·         Amelia (Librarian) requesting  a mix of activities: Dance, Art &
Science Activities and display, Martial Arts display and demo if room
allows, Music performance, even a parade through the library to attract
attention at the start… really up to those who can come and work.

·         Attendees would be families.

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI. Ms. Giovanna Steward. Budget $1735. Breakeven 174.

No report from the Event team.

SEE New Business for a Site Token proposal.

*Wassail!  Dec 10 2016, Chelsea Fairgrounds* – Reserved

 *Steward*: Not yet

*Proposal:* Not yet

*Pentemere 12th Night Jan 7, 2017. THL Ceara *Hidden Springs Church,
Howell *Budget
$2700* Breakeven: 170(approx)

            NEWS! As of Friday night we are on the Kingdom Calendar.

*Terpsichore at the Tower **April 1, 2017 Lord Gavriil.* St Paul’s Church
of Christ, Saline MI. *B**udget $500* Breakeven: 50.

No report.

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

Knight Marshal – *Master Zygmunt* - 3rd of 3 Meetings  APPROVED

·         At last report, Gregor does not yet have a planned date for
office transition.  He and Zygmunt will work this out and report back.

Chatelaine –

·         Applicant?

Minister of Youth –

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Custom designed Coins for Grand Day of Tournaments Betting Game*. Master
Derian le Breton the Coiner $120-150. 1st of 3 meetings

Derian would like to strike 6000 coins, with a Cynnabar themed obverse and
possible special reverse.  He will donate his time, labor and materials to
create the dies. Material for the coins themselves would cost about $120.  The
least expensive blanks are aluminum, $20/ 1000 blanks for a total cost to
the Barony of $120-$150. (Kay added fudge factor/ shipping expenses)

·         Derian has discussed the idea with Straum who gave him the
estimate of number of coins needed.

·         The Baron and Baroness have been consulted and like the idea.

·         Would these be the site token?

o   No. There is no budget in the GDoT event proposal for site tokens.  Usually
the existing miscellaneous coin bags and a hand stamp are the proof of
purchase.

·         How will we get them back?

o   Some of the coins will be kept as souvenirs, of course.

o   Ceara reports that she and Daye get our current coins back by offering
raffle tickets for everyone one returned in past years.

·         Will “apprentice coiners” be able to help with the striking?

o   Yes, it would be just like the demonstration at Celtic Festival.

·         Could coins be struck as a demonstration at the Canto Library
Demo?

o   Yes, and yes, if Derian is able to attend the Demo.

o   Kay notes this might be a good outdoor activity, under the front
portico.

·         The comments were in favor of this proposal, with the questions
noted above.

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Tower’s Foundation Medallions* – there were not any given out at Court at
Pennsic.

*Baronial Trailer* *Budget $3500-$3950* Wood lining in process. The trailer
did not go to Pennsic.

 * New Gloves for Rapier Practice and Training Lady Birke. $120 *6 pair
gloves at $20/ pair.  Purchase will be 2 small, 2 medium, and 3 large
cuffed gloves. Kay will check with Birke to see if this is completed.

 *Group discussion *

            None

 *Announcements*

            None