[Cynnabar] Minutes 20160215 Barony of Cynnabar

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Feb 16 21:48:44 UTC 2016

 20160215 Barony of Cynnabar

Anno Societatis L

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. _7_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30.  _11_ attendees

*Workshop Topics:*  Tonight was *European Dance with Mistress Alina. *Reviewed
some dances from Terpsichore ball lists before the event.

·         Please join us at 6:30 for an interesting topic before each
meeting.

·         Please tell *Baroness Hannah* if you would like to present a
workshop.  All topics are of interest.

·         We can get a Screen needed. It *may* be possible to get a
projector, too. Please see Hannah.

*Feb 22 Attending Court as a Newcomer.* Attending court for the first time?
Get a quick overview on what to do, learn who's who on the dais, and what
to do should you be called into the presence.

*March 14 - Kumihimo Braiding with Lady Terryl.* Try the Japanese art of
Kumohimo braiding. Learn some history of the art and techniques. Arrive on
time to get your materials! Tools supplies for 12+ people.

*March 21 - Early period embroidery make-n-take with Lady Aeffe*.  Spend an
hour learning basic stitches,  take home everything to finish a small
embroidered fabric pouch. Materials provided.

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

St Valentine’s Day: A big Cynnabar attendance.  6 people taught
classes.  Cynnabar
took home  the Pentemere Pearl Arts Prize based on the basket worked by
Hon. Lady Kathrine.  Jason Irenfist Knighted.  46 of us processed with him.
Baroness Kasha received a beautiful Evergreen with a scroll made by
Baroness Hannah. WHO received the other award given in Court?  Please
report.  It was a really good day for Cynnabar, says the Baron.

Staying in the official event hotel was fun.  Lots of people to visit with
in the lobby and bar.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Terpsichore at the Tower (March 5, 2016)* St Paul United Church of Christ,
Saline, MI Ceara is event steward. Budget $1000 1/18/16 CHANGE to $2500
(Final TBD). Break even 84 Adults. 1/18/16 CHANGE to 182 Adults

·         Class list is live on the Terp web page.
http://www.cynnabar.org/terpsichore/index.php?page=class

·         Please let Magdalena know if you can contribute to dessert revel.
You do not yet need to say what. magda_vogelsang at yahoo.com

·         Genoveva’s vigil for elevation to the Order of the Laurel at 10
am- 4 pm. Hannah and Ilse are coordinating the food.

·         Eidy is Royalty Liaison.

·         Ancillary art on the Web page is marvelous!

·         Pre order the Special Edition of the Terp book for only $3.00.
NOT available at event.

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.  Budget
$400. Break even 67 Adults.

·         Class scheduling continues.

*Old Business*

*Search for Minster of Youth Office* –  No News

*Search for Cynnabar Pursuivant** –  Awaiting decision*

*Search for **Knights Marshall-*  position will be coming open by
Pennsic.  This
post can be a step to finishing your marshal training. Gregor is now a full
status Marshal.

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, Ms. Giovanna Steward. MI 3rd of 3 meetings.

·         APPROVED, questions or objections raised.

·         This Proposal INCLUDES training activities for Future Stewards,
as a workshop series and opportunities to shadow staff members. Ask
Giovanna about being part of the team.

·         There may be additional budget items, if the Crown attends and
needs a hotel room.

*50 Year Celebration (June 17- June 2016)* Hendricks County 4-H Fairgrounds
1600 Main St. Danville, IN.

Check here each week for News of the Baronial Presence at 50 Year.

·         Duchess Elina responded to my message urging the organizing
committee to get events and activities up on the calendar soon. The plan is,
“Staff members are just now turning in schedules for events, and as we get
them we will be posting them on the website. … Check back often, the
updates will start happening more frequently as they are arranged.  The
staff has a deadline for the end of the month for the first pass at a full
schedule.”

·         Shall we discuss the Baronial Presence at 50 Year Celebration?

·         Kasha and Ermenrich will attend the second weekend.

*New Business*

*Shall Cynnabar offer to be a test site for the coming* *PayPal reservation
and onsite credit card procedure*?  Kay

·         We would need a “Reservationist” to receive the emails of
information sent by the Kingdom Deputy Exch. For PayPal, and add people to
our roster of paid reservations.

·         About 3 weeks before the event online reservations are closed,
and the Deputy sends us the list of reservations and a check for the gate
and feast fees, minus a set fee per transaction.  Aelfric estimates that at
around $.50 per PayPal transaction. Stewards would need to plan and budget
for this expense if they want online reservation services

·         This does NOT make sense for Cynnabar, unless there is a feast
planned.  Our events do not need early notice of attendance.

·         We are interested in taking Credit Cards at the Gate.  [Kay will
query Aelfric]

*Other Group Discussion*

*Spring Revel 2016* DATE TBD

·         Their Excellencies are soliciting bids for the Spring Revel. One
person has expressed interest.

·         WHEN?  April is best. May is full with Coronation, Battle of
Inland Seas, Pentemere Archery Academy, and Crown. Kingdom A&S  on
sequential weekends.

·         April has fewer events and more students. 4/16-17 has no Michigan
events.

·         Godaeth is willing to be a deputy to someone else.

·         Island Park New Shelter is being HELD for us on Sunday April 17,
2016.

o   Charged as if we were a city resident, $137 for the whole day.

o   Check and *Tax number* to Parks and Rec to CONFIRM SITE.

o   734.794.6230. Offices at Cobblestone Farm Barn.

*Pentemere 12th Night 2017* DATE TBD

·         Bids should be submitted by the *first week of March*.

·         A Site is not yet Booked

·         Baron reports someone has expressed interest in stewarding

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

*Baronial Trailer* Budget $3500-$3950       Black, 5’x12’x6’ single axle
covered, lights, hitch kit.

·

·         *The build has been delayed by availability of the siding.*
Second half of payment will be $1810. About $390 under budget, allowing us
to get the registration.

·         *Registration & Insurance:* Kay needs empty weight of trailer,
bill of sale, any docs we get, etc.  She will get State Registration and
send to SCA Inc for insurance.

*Royal Travel Fund Donation**  Ermenrich 10% of treasury, about $1000 *

·         *Tabled to 4/2016, until Terpsichore costs are known @ 2nd of 3
Meetings*

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

·         No discussion

*Words from the Baron and Baroness* (Kasha and Ermenrich) –

We won a great item in the Silent Acution:  An Evening of Entertainment
with Ms. Tsof!  We suggest this be for the Eat it, Burn it, Drink it, Party
the last Friday of Pennsic.

*Announcements:*

Via Email Tuesday 2/9:  Baroness Genevieve Rose de Glendalough, Sub
commander of Target Archery for Pentamere , “To enhance the *planned
Pentamere archery presence out on the Pennsic War archery field* each
Barony provide their Barony's device in the form of a small flag to be hung
on the flag pole or tents under a larger flag of the Pentamere Device.
12X12 inches and two sided. …This would serve as a rallying point each day
for the Archers of Pentamere…”

·         We might hold a good workshop to make a batch of similar or
larger banners for the Barony to use. Or people could paint baronial
banners for their own pavilions. I want that, myself.

·         Ms Helene would help us to run a 2 part workshop, or a longer one
with time for resist to dry.

·         B&B say Not Laurel Wreath on the flag for the Archer Range.