[Cynnabar] new website design

Aaron Elkiss via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jan 1 13:48:13 UTC 2016

Happy New Year!

The Cynnabar website (www.cynnabar.org) has a new layout, thanks to
Mistress Jadwiga. This layout is fully responsive and should be usable on
all devices from smartphones to desktops.

Some other updates:

- I re-wrote the front page to try to be more externally-focused
- I removed many outdated pages
- I migrated the underlying technology from Drupal to Ruby on Rails. This
makes it easier to add new features to the web site.

If you previously had the ability to edit content, you will still be able
to do that, but you will need a new password. Watch your e-mail for a new
password sometime today. If you don't hear from me but want to be able to
edit your area of the site, let me know.

Planned features coming soon:

- New interface for the Order of Precedence
- HTTPS support
- Better integration with Google Calendar
- Contact form (no more weird e-mail links)

Aaron Drummond
Webminister, Barony of Cynnabar