[Cynnabar] 20160111 Barony of Cynnabar Minutes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jan 12 19:10:25 UTC 2016

 20160111 Barony of Cynnabar

Center Room, Pierpont Commons.  Workshops 6:30 to 7:15. Meeting 7:30- 8:30.

*Workshop Topics: * *The Rose Theatre, by Lady Daye*: a brief history and
introduction to the building where Shakespeare got started.  It was Great!

*Jan 18 - Tentatively - Developing an Event Bid, by Mistress Giovanna*

*Jan 25 - Good Books for Medievalists, by Mistress Kay. *A round-table
discussion about Society related books. Come with your own favorites on a
list or in mind, please.

*Activity, Event & Demo Reports*

*12th night Highlights:  *almost everyone at the meeting had attended.
Genoveva’s on vigil for the Laurel!  Life sized Rice Krispie treat Fist
coated in sheets of white chocolate for Jason Irenfist’s vigil (made by
Hannah). Dancing with Live music, despite poor acoustics. Good youth
activities, including a Quest to find and talk to Peers. A fun Court, with
friends recognized.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Terpsichore at the Tower (March 5, 2016)* St Paul United Church of Christ,
Saline, MI Ceara is event steward. Budget $1000. Break even 84 Adults.

·         The Crown is Coming! This has added attendees in past years. And
1 peerage meeting, so far.

·         The Sanctuary is going to be closed for renovation.

·         *Do we need a different site?  *We have money. Kasha, Ermenrich
and Ceara will look at the possibilities.  Giovanna may know some sites and
Gregoire will ask.

*St. Cecilia at the Tower (Sat April 30- Sun May 1, 2016)* St Paul United
Church of Christ, Saline, MI Mistress Jadwiga is event steward.  Budget
$400. Break even 67 Adults.

·         Will the Sanctuary renovation at St Paul’s still be an issue?  Not
known, but Jadwiga dies not think it is a problem for St Cecilia.

·         Teacher invitations have gone out.

·         Selection of the piece for a Group Sing is in process.

·         Web site is up, by Genoveva.  Jadwiga is going to put up the
event Facebook page.

·         Kay will find out if we *must* use the new Kingdom Facebook
template. She will seek advice on how to copy over an existing page on to
the kingdom page.

*Spring Revel 2016* DATE TBD

·         Their Excellencies are soliciting bids for the Spring Revel. Bids
should be submitted by the first meeting of February at the latest. This is
an easy event to steward if you want to try it.

·         Kay will Check dates at Island park far structure to see how they
are filling up.

*Grand Day of Tournaments 2016 (Sat Nov 5, 2016)* Liberty School, Ann Arbor
Saline Road, Saline, MI *2nd of 3 meetings*

-       Event proposal from Mistress Giovanna:

o   Slightly different proposal – the actual event proposal will be a group
effort from Mistress Giovanna and those that are interested in learning
more about running events from her. She would be the lead event steward,
and the others would be “deputies” learning from her about all steps of the
process.

o   Traditional Event Proposal: Last meeting in January.

o   Workshops and Training courses would be part of the teaching process
for this event.

-       Other proposals are still being solicited for this event – Please
present your proposal at a meeting or submit them to the Seneschal in
advance of the last meeting of January.

*Pentemere 12th Night 2017* DATE TBD

·         We are seeking bids for the Pentemere 12th Night. Bids should be
submitted by the first week of March.

·         Site is not yet Booked

·         Logistic notes: unlock upper door, near sanctuary. Having the A&S
in the back hall made it hard to get to. And there were no signs showing
the way.  Not much eating area for lunch tavern

·         The classroom building across the upper parking lot is part of
the site, and has 8 or 9 classrooms. . It could be used for classes, A&S
set ups, Vigils…. Can we make it easier to get across the parking lot as
well as making it attractive and worth the trip?

*Old Business*

*Search for Minster of Youth Office* - No one has stepped forward.

*Search for Cynnabar Pursuivant** – *No candidates at this time.

*Baronial Trailer* Budget $3500-$3950       Black, 5’x12’x6’ single axle
covered, lights, hitch kit.

·         *The build has been delayed by availability of the siding.*
Second half of payment will be $1810. About $390 under budget, allowing us
to get the registration.

·         *Registration & Insurance:* Kay needs empty weight of trailer,
bill of sale, any docs we get, etc.  She will get State Registration and
send to SCA Inc for insurance.

·         Portable Holes to make freestanding places to display banners and
other heraldry?

*Shall we make a Royal Travel Fund Donation*?  Ermenrich 10% of
treasury, *about
$1000* *1st of 3 Meetings*

·         This discussion was delayed from November.

·         A Tithe our Treasury, 10% would be a nice medieval amount.

·         Perhaps do the gift at Terpsichore?

·         Perhaps direct the Gift to a purpose other than Travel Fund if
TRMs have a project in mind. Project?  New Shade fly?

·         Baron & Baroness Cynnabar will find out what is needed or wished
for by the Crown.

*New Business*

None was advanced

*Other Group Discussion*

How did we like the NEW Center Building, used for Gift Exchange Meeting?

·         Not much.  Parking was close b dark.  No near the bus routes.
Hard to get in the door.  Only the organizer has the passcode to the door,
and has to stand there or people wait in the dark.  Even the double room
(more than we rented) was small for the 18-20 who came to the meeting.

*Hattie:*  Can we get a room with a Screen? Kay will email this question,
too.

*Status check on Approved Budget Items:  *

*Stickers with the Baronial Populace Badge* (and maybe name?) $60-100

·         Ilse found a cheap place in Dexter, may be worth looking into for
the stickers. Gavriil owes a design?

*Banker’s File Boxes for storage of Cynnabar Files.*  Budget:  $100. DONE

·         Replaced the 2 drawer cabinet with 3 Office Depot® Brand
Stackable File Tote Box, Receipt will go to Exchequer when she ad I can
meet. Actual Expense:

·         Existing files will be reviewed and critical items scanned for
digital files.  NO paper will be destroyed at this time.

*Shall the Barony donate $250 of Baronial Funds to support 50 Year
Celebration in July?  *This is for the General Fund of the event, no
specific activity.

·         *Have we cut a check?  *Not yet.

·         Some objections to this item having passed were raised.

*Announcements:*

*Barony of Cynnabar* is a registered Camping Group for 50 Year Celebration.
If you decide to register to attend the event and to camp with the Barony
use that name.

You may want to read the website. It is different from Pennsic in some ways.
http://www.sca50year.org/registration.html

*Vincent has* designed and built a simple adjustable device for bridging
the bleachers and for setting up the Cynnabar Heraldic wall hangings. It
will be ready when we need it.  *Hoobah*! from Ms Kay!

*Words from Their Excellencies Ermenrich and Kasha of Cynnabar**: *

Ermenrich speaks.  The Baroness was delayed by press of modern business.

Most of the news has been covered.

It was great to see everyone at 12th Night.  Jason will be offered
Knighthood at St Valentine’s Day.  Genoveva will be offered companionship
in the Order of the Laurel at Terpsichore at the Tower.