[Cynnabar] KWDMS XII, June 15-18 2017, Baltimore, MD :-D

Jeffrey Huo via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Jul 18 15:10:53 UTC 2016

Dear friends:

Hello hello! It's Jeffrey, once upon a time fiddler and dancer in Cynnabar
and the Midrealm. And I'm excited to spread word from my friends who are
organizing it, that the next Knowne World Dance and Music Symposium will be
here in Baltimore, on June 15-18th 2017. :-D

For the last thirty+ years, the local DC/Baltimore Sci-Fi community has
held a major Thanksgiving weekend Con (Darkover / Chessie Con) at what is
now called the Radisson Hotel North Baltimore, in the suburb of Hunt
Valley.  The same traditional Darkover / ChessieCon site is now the 2017
site for KWDMS. It's going to be a lot of fun. :-)

The Baltimore Light Rail runs straight from BWI to the Timonium Business
Park station, which is then a few blocks from the hotel on foot (about as
far apart as the League and Union).  The light rail goes *through* downtown
Baltimore (which is a lot like downtown Detroit) but the KWDMS site itself
is out in the suburbs and does not have urban safety issues. Hotel rooms on
site are going to be in the low $100s range, I'm told.

(An important note is that the site, like our meeting places in the
Michigan Union and League, is carpeted. All dances, including the balls,
will be on carpet. If you have questions about that or anything else, you
can ask the autocrats [1].)

Baltimore is my current home town, so I'm happy to help with any questions
or logistical planning advice. The dance and music community out here in
Atlantia and southern East Kingdom is wonderful, and (barring day job
disasters) I look forward to sharing the glory of KWDMS with you all.

Spread the word to all and many, and save the dates on your calendar.
Hopefully, see so many of you next year. :-)

Sincerely,

- Jeffrey

[1] https://www.facebook.com/sonya.gross.7/posts/10209820044395671

--