[Cynnabar] Saline Celtic Festival Demo!

Art Sinclair via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jun 10 17:33:47 UTC 2016

Hello All!

We are just under a month now until the Saline Celtic Festival Demo! I hope
you are all looking forward to it as much as I am.

 The Demo at the Festival this year will be on July 9th, with set-up on the
evening of July 8th. I will go through the basic schedule below.

Directions to the park and other info about the Festival can be found here:
http://www.salineceltic.org

*SET-UP*

*When:* Friday, July 8 2016, 5:30 pm
*Where:* Mill Pond Park, Saline MI

*What:* We will set-up the general infrastructure of the demo (list field,
archery, tables and any tents or shades that we have space/need for). This
generally takes an hour or two. after we get set-up we will go over to the
Food and Beer area and get the aforementioned food and beer and listen to
the live music and hang out for a bit. I will have a limited number of
wristbands for folks who cannot get to site on Saturday before 8am...see
below for more on that.

*THE DEMO*

*When:* Saturday July 9 2016, get to the site before 8 am.
*Where:* Mill Pond Park, Saline, MI

*What:* For those who cannot make it Friday evening and/or do not wish to
leave their stuff overnight on site, you will need to get to the site
before 8 am so you can get in, unload, and get back out with your vehicle
before 8:00 am. After you have dropped stuff off you can take your vehicle
and park in the nearby neighborhoods and walk back in, or, you can go up to
the Liberty School (where we have held Grand Day of Tournaments, and Crown
Tourney recently) and park there and wait for a shuttle bus to bring you
back. I'm not sure when the shuttle buses start, it's not on the Celtic
Fest website. If you cannot get to site before 8am and you got a wrist band
from me Friday evening, the shuttle bus is likely the only way you will get
into site...so you will need to get anything you are bringing in that way.

About 11 am there will be a small parade through the park to kick off the
days festivities. We generally take part in that. After the parade we will
officially start our demo at noon. Artisans and Archery will be going
pretty much all day. Every hour on the hour we will have a 15-20 minute
combat demo featuring armored and rapier combat. We will run those until 5
or 6 depending on crowds and fighter fitness.

If you are not involved in the combat demos and are not actively involved
with other guests at the time it will be very helpful for folks to be
circulating in the assembled crowd to answer questions and point out the
other activities going on. Each of us needs to be "on" as much as possible
to maintain the interest of those who may show interest in learning more
about what we are doing, and maybe getting involved. If someone shows
genuine interest please make sure they get a handout.

Around 6:30 or 7:00 pm we will be able to start getting vehicles back into
the site to start breaking down our stuff. I have not confirmed that time
with the festival staff yet. You may see merchants or other groups bringing
vehicles in earlier...perhaps they have special arrangements, perhaps they
just don't care...either way, we will abide by the times that we are asked
to adhere to by the festival staff.

That's all for now, I'm sure more will come up.

See you all there!

Tairdelbach

They deem me mad for I will not sell my days for gold; I deem them mad for
they think my days have a price.
-- Kahlil Gibran