[Cynnabar] The next Baronial Heraldic and Scribal Night is Monday, October 3, 2016

Michael Rice via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sat Oct 1 00:22:24 UTC 2016

Oyez! Oyez! After a brief summer hiatus, the Barony will resume its First
Monday of the month Heralds and Scribes Night on Monday, October 3. – With
their continued gracious hospitality, we will once again gather at the home
of Baron Tairdelbach and Baroness Hannah (near Whittaker and Huron River
Drive) in Ypsilanti Township.
So plan to join us for a night of heraldic discussion and consultation, or
to work on any of your scribal / illumination projects with others from the
Barony in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Here’s the chance to learn more
about developing an SCA name or personal device/arms; or come learn about
what it takes to make award scrolls for the Kingdom. Even if you don't have
heraldic or scribal things to discuss -- you're still welcome to come to
hang out and enjoy good company.
And as an added bonus, Ursula Georges, an expert in historical names
research, has kindly offered to present a walk-through (“how to”) on
Kingdom-level commentary using OSCAR [the SCA’s Online Commentary and
Response System]. If this is something you are interested in, she asks that
you bring a laptop (if you have one) and take a minute or two to
pre-register in the system at: http://oscar.sca.org/newuser.html
Again, all are welcome and we hope to see you next Monday! We will go from
about 6:30 pm until 10:30 pm. If you need directions or their address,
please PM message Art or Dawn. And remember that this is a ‘potluck’ event,
so in addition to your heraldic questions and curiosity or your scribal
kit, please don’t forget to bring a dish to share with others!

Cheers,
Eadrǽd