[Cynnabar] Mass Meeting on September 18

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Sep 13 02:46:28 UTC 2016

Hello, Barony.

Tonight's business meeting brought us two pieces of major news.

First: A group of our members who are UM students have initiated the
process of becoming an official College Group. This means they will have
their own name, heraldry, and officers, while still being affiliated with
the Barony of Cynnabar (much like a canton). This is a long process and is
definitely not finalized yet, but we are excited to see it begin!

Second: The college group will be hosting a mass meeting on September 18.
Yes, that's *in six days*. I know that is extremely short notice, and I'm
sorry -- it seems like there was some miscommunication. However, we all
know about it now, so if you're available on September 18 (Sunday) between
12:00-4:00 pm, please come help out! Hattie, who is running the event, says
that what is most needed is 1) people wearing garb; 2) cool items to
display. Baroness Hannah is in charge of A&S, so please contact her if you
have something to display or demonstrate. For more information, contact
Hattie at hatknapp at umich.edu.

It is my understanding that the Scribal Workday will also be moving to the
Mass Meeting on that afternoon.

*In short:*

   - Mass Meeting for University of Michigan newcomers
   - Sunday, September 18, 12:00-4:00 pm
   - Michigan Union, Anderson Rooms (where we have winter fighter practice)
   - contact Hattie (hatknapp at umich.edu) for more information

Please come help our new student affiliate group get off to a good start!

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication.

Sincerely,
Baroness Kasha