[Cynnabar] 20171127 baronial business meeting notes

Cynnabar Seneschal via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Dec 11 14:19:50 UTC 2017

November 27, 2017  Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Journey of Faith Christian Church, Ann Arbor, MI

Pre-meeting workshop 6:30-7:30: 12 attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30: 11 attendees

Attending: Derian, Jadzia, Morwen, Ulfrun, Ermenrich, Kasha, Alana,
Throckmorton, Harkin, Jack, Bina
*Workshop Topic:**  Join us to hear Lord Throckmorton explain how to carve
spoons from wood.* Business Meeting began at 7:35 pm

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*Wassail, December 16th 2017, Wayne County fairgrounds,* *Albina Gherardi
(Bina), $850 (including $200 refundable deposit) *

Wayne county fairgrounds as a site, it is in a shared zip code.  Date is
scheduled (Dec 16th), $450 for the day, plus a $200 refundable deposit.  We
can still have our Yule fire.

·         Wayne County Fairgrounds has received the deposit check.

·         Balance due Dec 1st.

·         Contract is signed.

·         Santa has been contacted and will be there!

·         Ceara will be helping with youth activities

·         Setup at noon, site opens at 2pm.  Cleanup will start at 10pm, we
must be off site by 11pm.

*St Cecila, Aeffe Torsdottir, May 12th – 13th, 2018, $450*, People’s
Presbyterian church in Milan, where Hannah and Tairdelbach’s investiture
was.  The sanctuary was built for piano concerts, so it has good
acoustics.  Kitchen, spacious fellowship hall, lounge, two small
classrooms, and a royalty room.  Sunday site TBD.  Site: $250, Salon Food:
$100, Printing $50, Incidental costs $50.  Breakeven is 90 people at
average of $5 donation.   Red spears has approved the date!  Performance
space site on Sunday is still needed.

*Cynnabar Ruby Jubilee: * *Baroness Kasha, August 31st – September 2nd,
2018, $6,250.*

·         DATE CHANGE due to availability of the site (original weekend we
requested was not available), request has been sent to the kingdom Calendar
deputy.

·         First staff meeting has been held!

·         Break-even is 250; 209 adults if everyone camps, 313 adults if
everyone daytrips Saturday.  Fewer if people rent cabins.

·         Event proposal reviewed (see link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12wpbBpDV46BEcuM2aI29OgdmPVyC7ZkYJEJp-fjo8KI/edit?usp=sharing
)

·         Preliminary website up.

·         If you  are interested in helping out or taking a staff position
please contact Baroness Kasha

·         One set of cabins / tent camping area designated as quiet area

·         No staking in the septic area, this will be marked

·         There are approximately 125 parking spots, plus roughly 30
overflow parking spots further away.

·         Deposit check and SCA insurance checks (alcohol, golf cart,
supplemental site) have been sent in.  Insurance has been paid, final
contract with the site is in the works.

·         We will want alcohol donations…

*Old Business*

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.       Minister of Youth– Still seeking a Minister of Youth

2.       Chronicler

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Terpsichore, Midair MacCormaic*, April 21, 2018, $550, St Paul’s in
Saline.  The site is available, same setup as prior years.  Lunch tavern
will be a separate proposal.  If you want to learn how to run an event,
this is a great one to be deputy steward for! Second of three meetings.

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Exchequer office supplies, Jadzia, $50* immediate need for stamps, paper
clips, etc.  These have been purchased!  $49.30 was spent.

*Lunch tavern at cook’s symposium, Baroness Hannah for Renaude de Lunay,
$425 budgeted, *income of $284 at the event.  Receipts TBD, 71 tickets
sold

*Lunch Tavern at Grand Day of Tournaments* – *$600, Lady Ilse*, $6 a
head, break
even 100 meals.  Income $745.5.  Receipts received, but they underspent, so
the Barony needs to be repaid the remainder.

*Dame Ursula / Lord Eadraed, Heralds. $100 ($36 disbursed 11/21/16, $32
disbursed 2/20/17, $16 disbursed 7/10/17) $26 remains to be spent. *Lord
Eadraed reported that the registration process is continuing.

First batch of items have gone through, three order names accepted,
Elephant’s tusk is pending.  Need to work on badge design to finish
spending the budget.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*Officer Reports*

*Min A&S (Aeffe)* –

   - A very successful A&S tournament was staged at Grand Day of
   Tournaments.  There were 11 entrants representing a wide variety of arts.
   Meisterinne Genoveva and I selected 2 winners to receive prizes: THL
   Alianor (Wealdlake) and Sir Hjorleif of Cynnabar
   - THL Terryl held a stained glass workshop at her home glass studio in
   November.  There were four attendees, each of whom produced a small
   copperfoil stained glass item.  The next workshop she is planning will be
   glass beadwork (not yet scheduled).
   - The next A&S quarterly report is due in mid January.
   - The faire season is coming soon!  Check the searchable
   midrealmgazette.org for upcoming A&S faires and tournaments.

*Chronicler (Godhit)* –

1) The deadline for the Winter Quarter 2017 CITADEL is December 15, 2017. I
am especially soliciting Wassail stories etc. I would also like write-ups
on our recent Cooks' Symposium and Grand Day.

2) I have tendered my resignation as Baronial Chronicler and it has been
accepted by the Kingdom Chronicler. Specifically I feel that I have been
directed to conduct Baronial Chronicler activities regarding group photos
"published" on Websites or in newsletters published electronically in
violation of SCA, Inc. policies and I will not do so. Therefore, I have
resigned, effective as of the publication of the Winter Quarter 2017
CITADEL.

3) Anyone interested in the office of Cynnabar Chronicler should consult
Their Excellencies and the Seneschal.

*Exchequer (Jadwiga)* –

We had a bunch of events and we made a bunch of money.  We have $12,760
after all issued checks have been cashed.  Met with Genoveva regarding the
event report for GDoT; only missing receipt for GDoT is fighter food,
assuming that was within budget, we made $1516 from GDoT.

Review of the books completed.  We have two action items, one is that we
need to get an inventory of all Baronial property, with a soft due date of
end of 1st quarter 2018; we also need to get our financial policy
officially approved by kingdom.

We have access to the online bank account, yay!

*Herald (Eadraed)* –

No report

*Knight Marshal (Zygmunt)* –

We've switched over to the Union for the winter. However, we only have the
room for a limited time, until renovations start. People are looking for an
alternate winter site.

I will have the Domesday done before schedule, and will make sure the email
is migrated over to the Midrealm server.

*Fencing Marshal (William) *–

Practice continues to happen, though small. GDoT went well on the fencing
side, other than a rolled ankle during C&T.

*Chatelaine (Edonea)* –

No report

*Webminister (Aaron) *

Updated hosting platform to rails 5, Debian 9.

Officer emails: still waiting to hear from some of you about migrating to
midrealm.org Google apps for officer emails - officers should let me know
if they have any questions. I'd like to have everyone migrated by the end
of the year.

*Seneschal (Derian)*

Quarterly report submitted.  As always, we are still looking for potential
meeting sites.  Please let me know if you have any leads.

*Baron and Baroness (Kasha and Ermenrich)*

Wow, November is already gone!  We held court at GDoT, thank you all to
everyone who submitted award recommendation.  There is another court coming
up at Wassail; if you have award recommendations or other business for
court, please let us know.  After that is 12th night coming up, please make
sure to put in award recommendations for that event.  What did you see at
GDoT or Cook’s Symposium that warranted recognition?  Take a look at the
Cynnabar OP and see the sorts of awards that people have.

Gift exchange on December 18th instead of the business meeting.  Bring a
wrapped gift < $20, snacks for potluck!

We are still a barony.

*Announcements*

The baronial scribal guild will be meeting on 12/30/17 (a Saturday) at
Hannah & Tairdelbach’s – contact them for more details.

Next citadel deadline is Dec 15th for the end of the year issue, to be
published ~Jan 1st.  We are specifically looking for memories regarding
Wassail.

Baroness Kasha – Caroling will be happening Thursday and Fridays between
7pm and 9pm between now and Wassail!  If you want to sing holiday carols,
you are invited.

Holiday gift exchange!  Monday December 18th.  Instead of business
meeting (modulo any urgent business) we will be holding a gift
exchange.  See the facebook event for more details

Monthly tournaments have returned!  We have a new system this year for
scheduling tournaments, they will be happening consistently!

*Meeting ended:  **8:10 pm*

[Next Meeting:  Monday December 11th, 2017, at Journey of Faith church
in Ann Arbor]