[Cynnabar] Dance Band Practices for Terpsichore

Aaron Elkiss via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Feb 23 20:58:24 UTC 2017

Hi all, If you're interested in playing with the band at Terpsichore and
would like the chance to practice with a group ahead of time, I'll be
hosting two practices: Sunday Feb 12 4:30-6:30 PM Sunday Feb 19 4:30-6:30
PM Both will be at my house in Ann Arbor. Let me know if you're interested
and need directions! These practices will particularly be geared towards
those who have never played in a dance band before, but all instruments
(period or modern) and all skill levels are welcome. Also, even if you
can't make it to these practices, everyone is welcome to play in the band
at Terpsichore for as much or as little as they like. At these practices,
we'll be working on the "Penta Pentamere" dances: Gathering Peascods Petit
Riens Contrapasso Dargason Official Bransle Bizzarria d'Amore You can play
along at: https://soundcloud.com/peascod_gatherers (download by going to
More -> Download for each track) You can find arrangements in the Pennsic
Pile at: http://pennsicdance.aands.org/pennsic45/PennsicPile45.pdf Let me
know if you have any questions!

Master Aaron Drummond