[Cynnabar] Saline Celtic Festival Demo

Art Sinclair via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jun 13 14:09:45 UTC 2017

Hello All!

The Saline Celtic Festival is coming up in just about a month!

The dates for this years festival are July 14-15. It is in it's usual
location at Mill Pond Park in Saline, MI.

On the evening Friday the 14th we will set-up our space  as we usually do
starting about 6 pm. This usually takes a couple hours to finish and then
we will plan to head over to the food trucks and beer tent and socialize
for a while and listen to the music. If you come down to help with this
part you will be able to drive right down into the park and over to our
location along the river.

On Saturday the 15th is the demo. Please plan to be to the site to unload
your stuff and have your car off site by 9am. I will plan to be there about
7:30 am. We need to get our cars in and out early as the festival staff
will stop letting cars in and will want them back out asap. When you take
your car off site you can either find a place to park in the nearby
neighborhoods, or, you can take it back up to the middle school (where we
hold Grand Day of Tournament) and catch the shuttle bus back down to the
park.
There will be a short parade in the park prior to the opening ceremonies
that we will participate in and then we will start our combat demos and at
noon and do them every hour after that until 5 or 6. Axe Throwing will also
open at noon or immediately after the mud run finishes. The artisans tent
will be open as soon as we get it set up.
We typically are able to start taking the demo down about 6pm and can get
our cars back in after that to load up.

If you are interested in participating at this demo in any capacity please
let me or Lady Eidy know.

Some specific areas needing staff/participants are:

Axe throwing sign in table - dept head THL Ceara
Axe Throwing equipment equipment management - dept head Forester Grey
Artisans Tent - Tairdelbach or Lady Eidy
Armored Combat demo - Tairdelbach
Rapier Combat demo - Tairdelbach
General staff to meet and greet guests - Lady Eidy

Looking forward to seeing many of you there!

Tairdelbach

They deem me mad for I will not sell my days for gold; I deem them mad for
they think my days have a price.
-- Kahlil Gibran