[Cynnabar] Help Running Rapier Wanted!

Kell Carnahan via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jun 23 13:36:21 UTC 2017

Rapier fighters!

Normally I just send emails to the rapier email list, but since I'm
announcing that I'm stepping down as Deputy Marshal soon, I thought this
should also go to the Barony as a whole.

First: rapier practice continues to happen!  You can always see the
up-to-date schedule at the website (https://www.cynnabar.org/fencing-marshal),
even when I forget to send out the updates about it.

Speaking of me forgetting to send out updates... my new job is taking over
my life, and I really need to hand over SCA responsibilities to others.  Is
there anyone who would like to help William with the administrative side of
running the rapier group?  This involves sending email/FB updates, updating
the website (super easy!), and coordinating others to come run cool things
at practices (classes, drills, melee games, yoga/stretching, whatever you
can come up to ask others to visit and do).  I've had a great time doing
this for Cynnabar for the last two years, and I'm happy to coach someone
else through what I've done.  I just don't have the time in my life right
now to do it myself.

Please let me know (wyndsung at gmail.com, Kell Birch on FB, this email/post)
if you would like to help run Cynnabar rapier in any way, including part or
all of the admin activities I outlined above, or other ideas you've had to
do it completely differently!

Here's the June/July schedule of Cynnabar practices and cool rapier events:

*June 24, Saturday Event:* Baron Wars is at a new site, still only an hour
from us.  One of the biggest rapier events of the summer, it's worth going
to, and also has a large melee practice.  Let's go show North Oaken who's
boss!

*June 25:* Practice at Island Park, 2 - 6 pm*.*

*July 1, Saturday Event:* Simple Day is a long 5 hour drive away, but with
all weekend camping and the Kingdom War Practice, people come from all over
to attend and it is a lovely event to go stab people at.

*July 2:* Practice at Island Park, 2 - 6 pm.

*July 8, Saturday Event: *Push for Pennsic a regional war practice and is
also a very special Academy of Defense this year - entirely focused on
melee-based classes!  Sounds like lots of fun stabbing and worth the drive!

*July 9:* Practice at Island Park, 2 - 6 pm.  2:30 - 3:30: Youth rapier
practice! 4:00: Monthly tournament!  Win this tournament to get a prize and
have a chance to win a really awesome prize at Grand Day of Tournaments
next year!

*July 15, Saturday Event:* Tyger Hunt is right here in the Barony of
Roaring Wastes at a very cool site with indoor sleeping spots for the
weekend.

*July 16:* Practice is moved to the Sunday Tyger Hunt practice at Historic
Fort Wayne in Roaring Wastes.  No site fee for just Sunday practice.

*July 23:* Practice at Island Park, 2 - 6 pm.

*Pennsic: July 29 - August 13*

*July 30:* Practice at Island Park, 2 - 6 pm.

~Birke

(Soon retiring) Cynnabar Deputy Rapier Marshal