[Cynnabar] Cynnabar Survey

Aaron Elkiss via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Thu Mar 16 22:56:39 UTC 2017

I'd be happy to add the directory functionality for users on the web site.
In fact most of it is either already implemented or very easy to add. I'd
been working on this for a while, but lost momentum on it. If there's
interest I'm happy to pick it up again. It's on github (
https://github.com/aelkiss/cynnabar-rails) so those with interest/ability
can contribute if they want.

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 11:35 AM, Malachy von Ulm via Barony <
barony at cynnabar.org> wrote:

> For my part, when I want to contact someone:
> - I'm fine poking a central online form, maybe the baronial site.
>   + It'd be nice to keep it accessible only within the barony.
>   + But that means it needs some password protection. (Authentication, for
>     the security minded folk.)  This could be as simple as poking the link
>     that says "send me my password" and it gets sent to your registered
> email.

The web site currently supports this (open registration is currently
disabled, but we could easily turn it on).

> - Most of the time, some sort of online contact is fine:
>   + That site could just give me their email address if they're willing to
>     let it be public.
>   + They might want to permit email contact, but prefer to not hand it out.
>      We could have it run a "mail relay" that keeps the address private.
>      This isn't hard to do, but has some annoying headaches for the site
>      operator.

The web site has a contact form with ReCAPTCHA to support this (currently
only for officers, but it would be trivial to enable it for all users).

Aaron Drummond
Webminister, Barony of Cynnabar