[Cynnabar] 20170424 Cynnabar business meeting notes

Brian F via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon May 8 20:26:18 UTC 2017

Apologies for the delay on these, I'm learning! :-) -Derian.
20170424 Barony of Cynnabar Business Meeting Notes

Boulevard Room, Pierpont Commons

Workshop at 6:30 pm.  _9_ attendees

Meeting 7:30- 8:30. _ 15 _ attendees.

Attending: Eadraed Alforde, Grey Oddson, Kasha Alekseeva, Godhit se
Wisfaest, Ceara inghean Mhuirgheasa, Eidy, Aeffe Torsdottir, Harkin of the
Moorlands, Morwen of Cynnabar, Derian le Breton, Alanna Eleanor, Ursula
Georges, Ermenrich von Duisburg, Kay of Tre Asterium, Zygmunt Nadratowski
*Workshop Topics:** Tonight was: **Book Club:  What have YOU been reading?
What shall we all read next? Planning for a Late June Book Club. With Ms.
Kay*

            Ask Baroness Kasha if you would like some reinforcement and
encouragement to give your class on something that interests you.

Meeting began at _7:39  _pm.

*Event Report:*

*Spring Revel  Sunday April 23, 2017*  Steward: Lady Alana Elenora $220

It happened and things went smoothly!  Congratulations to Alanna on her
first event as steward!  Receipts for charcoal are ready, needed to be
submitted.  25# of charcoal needed for that grill.  Charcoal contributed by
many.  Does Aífe need reimbursement?  Cleanup went well, Alanna thanks all
for helping clean up and taking food home.  When we call to have them open
bathrooms, please request they turn on the drinking fountain.   Mistress
Kay to do event report.  Gate sheets not needed since we didn’t charge site
fee, waivers will need to be submitted.

*Upcoming Baronial Events and Demos*

*St Cecelia at The Tower *May 20-21* 2017 *St Paul’s Church Saline & M-Union
Anderson Rooms* Ms Jadzia. Budget $400 ($200 per 10/17 notes.) *Donations
at the Door.

·         One month out!

·         MORE Teachers are wanted. Contact Ms. Jadzia or Mr. Aaron

·         Test lunch and dinner was performed on Thursday 4/27

*Celtic Fest Demo Saturday July 15, 2017 Demo *– Baron Tairdelbach  $100
snacks and drinks

·         Set up is the evening of Friday July 14.

·         Thrown Weapons vs archery still under discussion due to space
management / area control

*Cook’s Symposium October 13, 14 & 15, 2017 *St Paul’s Church of Christ,
Saline MI. *Baroness Hannah $525     Breakeven 66*

·         Breakeven updated to 66

*Grand Day of Tournaments- Nov 4, 2017 *Liberty School, Saline MI.*
Mistress Genoveva Steward $2260 breakeven 174 (may change)           *

·         *Site is reserved. *Deposit should go to the school in July.

*Old Business*

*Lunch & Dinner Tavern for St Cecilia at The Tower Saturday May 20, 2017.
$400 *Morwen and Harkon, Chefs de Cuisine *3rd of 3 Meetings*

·         Breakeven is 80 meals

·         65 planned for Lunch, 40 for Dinner.

·         Lunch menu – pies (chicken and veg options) and salad; fruit /
dessert TBD

·         Dinner Menu: Ramen Noodle Bowl Buffet. Top Japanese style noodles
with meats, veggies and other tasty bits.  Fill your bowl with broth and
enjoy.

·         Each will have a $5 Meal Deal.

*A Proposed Policy for the use of the Baronial Trailer *Presented by Kay,
NO Budget.* 3rd of 3 Meetings*

The Barony needs a policy to guide decisions about what we use our List
Field. The discussion Monday raised some ideas for revision.

A full text with revisions marked up was distributed Wed 4/12 via email &
Facebook.

*Most important note from 4/17/17:  We did not think this discussion needed
to end at 3 meetings.  It is more valuable to get a consensus of the
Barony.*

*Amend the Financial Policy to say that discussions with expenditures shall
run for “at least” three (3 ) meetings.  *Baron Tairdelbach *2ndt of 3
meetings.  *

·         We do not have to stop at 3.

·         But let’s not set a maximum number.

·         “Better to let a good idea die that damage the unity of the
group.” A quote from discussions on operating by consensus from before we
were a Barony.

*Officer vacancies to be filled:*

1.      Minister of Youth–

*New Business* (includes items potentially requiring budget outlays)

*Status check on approved budget items*

*Registering the Baronial Awards and Order Names and Badges. *Mistress
Ursula, Herald. $100 ($36 disbursed 11/21) ($32 spent 2/13, disbursed 2/20)
$42 remains to be spent. Process continues, reports Eadraed.

*Restock Cards,* *Brochures-** Chatelaine Box. *$75 Lady Daye.*  DONE?* No
news

*Exchequer Office Supplies. $50.00-$75.00  *Lady Ilse*  DONE? *Kay thinks
yes, and that costs ran over budget by a few dollars.

*Announcements** & Group Discussion*

*TRIAL RUN of Meetings at The Side Track Tap in Depot Town Ypsilanti In MAY
2017 * 5/8, 5/15, and 5/22. 56 E Cross St, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
http://sidetrackbarandgrill.com

*Officer Reports:*

*A&S* - Quarterly report submitted, next planned craft night 10th of May
(second Wednesday) – no topic yet.  Most of the workshop opportunities in
May are open, please consider running a workshop at the trial meeting space!

*CHRONICLER* – Continuing transitioning into role, oversaw model release
forms at spring revel.  Familiarizing self with both handbooks (SCA and
mid), composing baronial chronicler’s handbook.  Filed quarterly report
April 2, have been talking to regional, establishing working relationship.
Updated chronicler’s webpage, publication deadline schedule added.
Approaching people to contribute to citadel, potential deputies.

*HERALD*

(1.) Last Meeting. It was held on Monday, April 3rd; with approx. 10 people
in attendance. Their Excellencies - Ermenrich and Kasha, Ursula, and Ceara
all helped with consultations either for names or devices during the
evening.

(2.) Officer Supplies. Most of the requested office supplies have been
ordered and/or received. A few things (color dry erase pens for one) still
need to be purchased. Receipts for said purchases will be submitted to
Exchequer within the next month.

(3.) Baronial online O.O.P. Updated. In addition to the fascinating
demographic data gathered in Her Baronial survey, Baroness Kasha was able
to gather information regarding awards, orders, and other recognition from
the Populous who responded. Along with Webminister Master Aaron, I have
been updating the online O.O.P. with this information. -- Next time you
visit cynnabar.org, please review your entry and notify either Aaron or me
of any errors or omissions, so that they may be corrected. Thanks!

(4.) Baroness Kasha's classes. Her Excellency has also taught two classes
during the month. The first was a pre-Meeting workshop on April 10th
titled: 'How to recommend someone for a Kingdom or Baronial award.' And the
second was on Court Etiquette held at Spring Revel. -- In both cases, very
helpful and useful information was well received by those in attendance.

(5.) Thanks to Johannes. I would like to take this opportunity to extend my
thanks to Johannes Robbertszoon (John Wilkerson) for heralding Their
Excellencies' Court at yesterday's Spring Revel. They report that he did a
great job! For Johannes, Huzzah!

(6.) New Deputy Herald. I am happy to announce that Tachibana no Tomoe
(Ellie Harstad) has agreed to be a baronial deputy herald. Among other
activities, Tomoe will primarily help assist with Court Heraldry.

(7.) Reminder about Herald's Night Summer Break. There are only two more
formal Heralds and Scribes Nights [May and June] before our summer break
(no meetings in July, August, September). If you have any consultation
questions or want to work on those scribal assignments or just hang out,
please plan on joining us either in May or June; otherwise, Cynnabar
heralds will be able to help with questions via email or social media or
via individual appointments during the Summer months.

(8.) Next meeting. Is schedule for Monday, May 1st at Baroness Hannah and
Baron Tairdelbach's home from approx. 6:30pm until 10pm.

*EXCHEQUER* – No report

*KNIGHT’S MARSHAL –* Wonderful event yesterday, sorry he couldn’t make it,
was not well.  Thanks to everyone who covered his absence.  Kickoff for
first practice at Island park, we will be there.  Still seeking a deputy
and looking for winter locations.  Anyone have an in at a VFW hall, eagles
club, church, martial arts dojo.  Please contact Zygmunt, he is happy to do
the telephone legwork.

*RAPIER MARSHAL *– No report, ~12 fencers at spring revel.

*CHATELAINE* – Quarterly report published by Daye, official changeover has
not been made yet, paperwork should be done by the end of this week.  At
event yesterday gold key was there, four out of six newcomers were dressed
from that other two had loaner garb.  2-3 ungarbed visitors danced with the
group for 30 minutes!  Sir Jocelyn complimented breadth of loaner garb and
it being there.

*WEBMINISTER *- Web site updates: I've fixed some bugs especially around
display of award texts in the OP, and Eadræd and I have been working with
their Excellencies to get things up to date.  I also switched over
Chatelaine access to Eidy.
*Newcomer attempted to contact chatelaine through website, did not hear
back.

*MIN YOUTH (OPEN)*

* OUTGOING SENESCHAL (Kay)* - The ceremonial change of office happened at
Spring Revel, yesterday.  Derian and I will have the switch pretty much
made by May 15.  I will write a Quarterly report and that will be my last
official duty.  As I told Derian, I am on call as meeting coverage.

I am working, finally, on cleaning up the Seneschal Files. Our Chronicler
Godhit says some of the items I see need to be preserved. She and I will
see what should be in Chronicler’s possession. I have sent a query to
Regional for more guidance.

I intend to continue to advocate for clarification of policies that could
be useful to the Barony.

*INCOMING SENESCHAL (Derian)* –  Hi!  Will do surveys and report on May 15th
.

*Baron & Baroness* – GO TO SEIGE OF TANOLVALE .  If you are thinking of
going to Pennsic and camping with Cynnabar, preregister and get your
ACCURATE tent measurements to Straum and Tigwyn by June 1st.  Camp fee
going from $25 to $40, but $10 discount for helping set up camp, $10
discount for helpin tear down camp, accurate tent size by June 1st gets you
into a raffle for free camp fee.  Make sure your Cynnabar OP entry is
correct!  You can add your heraldry, preferred pronoun, etc.