[Cynnabar] THANK YOU! GDoT 2017 Set-Up & Tear-Down

Elizabeth Calhoun via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Nov 6 00:07:39 UTC 2017

Unto All Goodly Gentles of Their Excellencies Cynnabar's Most Distinguished
Barony!

As Set Up/Tear Down Coordinator for the most recent Grand Day of
Tournaments at the Barony of Cynnabar, I want to thank everyone who
assisted with Friday night set up, especially Warder Kata Aragunnrsdottir
who was ready to take over if (due to family circumstances) I was unable to
be present. I want to thank everyone who cleaned the Tavern kitchen, moved
folding cafeteria tables, carried in and assembled List pieces, taped floor
squares, toted Rapier List pieces, assembled Gate, arranged Royalty
hospitality, anticipated an A & S Tournament; and all those myriad of other
tasks that create of GDoT a small miracle that, like Brigadoon, appears at
Liberty School in Saline, hosts almost 300 people, and then vanishes
completely, leaving no trace but a substantially cleaner school kitchen.

I am especially grateful to everyone who, Saturday morning and then
afternoon, placed seating for Court and then recessed that seating TWICE.
This was not just our Goodly Barony but a number of Gentles from all across
our Kingdom, acting in the true spirit of the SCA, who assisted and thus --
as the oath of fealty suggests -- served as they could, where they could.

Liekwise Tear-Down: I blinked and someone had already unclamped our great
Baronial backdrop, depriving me of the honor of going up the ladder onto
the top of the bleachers, a solemn ritual of Closure now denied. Sad! :)
Maybe next year! Tables rolled back, floor squares and List pieces
disappeared, kitchen and all classrooms re-arranged. One could write a
bardic ode noting these august achievements! Huzzah!

I heard there was going to be a Vigil? As of 7:15pm there was no trace of
it. I hope it went well. :)

(And I am sure I am forgetting many people who helped "just that little
bit" and so by accumulation of little bits, a great number were thereby
hosted.)

All of this to say: I Godhit thank you all! Draco Invictus!
​