[Cynnabar] Wassail thank you

Margaret Kelly via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Dec 3 17:06:38 EST 2018

My thanks begin but do not end here -

I want to thank everyone who attended the year's Wassail celebration!  It
was wonderful to see so many new friends and familiar faces!
Special thanks from the event steward are in order.  I would like to first
mention my Deputy Steward, Godhit, who did just about everything to put on
this event, from shopping excursions to testing Wassail recipes.  It's a
tough job but someone has to do it.

I also want to thank Their Excellencies Cynnabar for remaining patient and
cheerful with a rookie Event Steward, answering all my questions, and
getting rid of Krampus!  Thank you also to Master Derian for lending his
knowledge and experience to the planning process.

I want to thank Lord Eadraed and I want everyone to realize how much work
he did at the event.  I am not sure he sat down to rest except during the
feast.

A special thank you to Baroness Hannah for running the very successful
dessert auction, and for creating the classy table decorations out of the
odd miscellany of materials I collected.

These events would not be half the fun if there were no arts; happily we
had music and dance!  Thank you to Mistress Alina, THL Siri, Mistress
Jadwiga, and Her Excellency Kasha for leading the dancers, musicians, and
choir.  A hearty thank you to Lord Cailin for lending his bass voice to the
choir... what a wonderful addition that was.

Thank you to the Finkleman family for bringing their Hannukkah display, and
the games and treats for all to enjoy!  And thank you to THL Ceara for
bringing period games.

I thank everyone who brought food items for the groaning (in a good way)
feast tables.  Everything was fabulous.  And to my four hard-working
Wassail servers thank you!

A very special thank you to Saint Nicholas for making a visit to our humble
event, and to Sir Gregoire who seems to have VIP access to the saint's
schedule!  To hear his horn in the distance and see his cheerful face is
the highlight of the evening.

The energy and speed with which this group can take down an event never
ceases to amaze me.  They say few plans survive their first contact with
the enemy; in this case my fussy sorting and packing schemes barely
survived the attentions of the legion of good hearted friends who lifted,
sorted, packed, swept, emptied, washed, folded, closed, locked, and
otherwise put everything back in perfect order.  Thank you all... if I
start naming the names of people I saw I would miss the ones I did not
see.  You know who you are.

Last I want to thank Kr--, er, I mean Lord Throckmorton, and THL Ceara who,
along with the long-suffering Eadread and Godhit, were the last stalwarts
to stay around to clean the kitchen and see everything safely to our van.
Cynnabar Wassail 2018 passed the site's inspection process with flying
black, red, and white colors!

Best, Aeffe