[Cynnabar] Pennsic Announcements #2

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jul 17 15:20:19 EDT 2018

Hi, everyone.

I have *even more* announcements (and some updates) about Pennsic for you!
If you are coming to Pennsic this year, please take a moment to glance
through the items below.

Best,
Baroness Kasha

*Things You Are Invited To Do*

*Before Pennsic*

   - *RSVP to Me (Kasha) for Spa Day: *On Thursday (Aug 9) from 9:00 am -
   12:00 pm, Mistress Heodez and Mistress Lucretia will be in camp to conduct
   historical foot baths, facial treatments, and hairstyling. Bring your own
   towel and preferred hair oil or hair accessories, if you have them. This
   costs $10/person, and we need a head count by August 4.
   - *Plan Your Costume for Drunken Court:* Drunken Court's theme this year
   is *Commedia dell'Arte*. There will be a prize for the member of the
   populace with the cleverest or most appropriate costume!
   - *View the Cynnabar @ Pennsic
   <https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8k4veanmfhoihuf4n8dqjlb8tg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>
   Calendar:* Do you know of any activities or details that should be
   listed but aren't? (For example: Who in the Barony is displaying something
   at the Pennsic A&S display?)

*At Pennsic*

   - *March to the Battlefield: *Join the Barony in supporting the militia
   on Monday (Aug 6) and Friday (Aug 10) at 9:00 am. Archers, rapier fighters,
   and armored fighters -- bring your weapons and armor. Everyone else --
   dress in Cynnabar colors and make noise.
   - *Potluck and Baronial Court:* Wednesday (Aug 8) around 6:00 pm
   - *Spa Day:* Thursday (Aug 9) from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
   - *Eat It, Drink It, Burn It:* Friday (Aug 10) around suppertime

*Things the Barony Needs*

Please contact me or Ermenrich if you can help!

   - *Army Engineers:* At least one person to volunteer as an engineer to
   help set up / tear down the field for the Midrealm Army (this is at the
   request of Their Majesties)
   - *Donations for Drunken Court:* We are looking for about $150 in
   donations (in money or alcohol) to pay for drinks at Drunken Court this
   year.
   - *Award Recommendations:* Who in the Barony
   <https://cynnabar.org/recipients> deserves recognition?

*Updates / Announcements*

   - *Donations to Their Majesties: *We have booze and benches, and banners
   are in progress! Thank you to everyone who helped and is helping.
   - *Registered Campers:* We have about 70 people registered to camp with
   Cynnabar this year. If you are not registered with Cynnabar but will be at
   Pennsic, please still come to all of our camp activities.
   - *Commanders of the Baronial Militia:* Ermenrich and I have appointed
   Sir Straum von Bairzog commander of the Baronial Armored Militia and Master
   Derian le Breton commander of the Baronial Rapier Forces. As neither I nor
   Ermenrich plan to fight this year, Sir Straum and Master Derian will lead
   Cynnabar's fighters on the battlefield in our place. The Commanders will
   join Our retinue.