[Cynnabar] Pennsic Announcements

Carol Perry Lagemann via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Fri Jun 29 16:11:28 EDT 2018

Hello, everyone.

It's time to start getting ready for Pennsic War, and I have some
Pennsic-related announcements!

*1. Preparing for Pennsic*: Their Royal Majesties have requested that each
Barony provide the following resources for the war:

   - Booze (donations for the Æthelmearc party)
   - Benches (two benches for Midrealm Royal camp)
   - Bodies (1 or more engineers to set up / tear down the field for the
   Midrealm army + 1 banner carrier during each battle)
   - Banners (1 for the battlefield + 1 for display)

Expect to see emails in the next few weeks inviting you to help build
benches and make banners. If you have alcohol to donate or would like to
serve as a bannerbearer or army engineer, please let me or Ermenrich know
by July 15.

*2. Activities in Cynnabar Camp*: Please plan to come to the following
events in Cynnabar Camp, if you are available:

   - Saturday/Sunday (July 28/29) - Camp Setup
   - Monday (Aug 6),~9:00-9:30 am - March to the Battlefield
   - Wednesday (Aug 8), 6:00-9:00 pm - Potluck & Baronial Court
   - Friday (Aug 10)
      - 9:00-9:30 am - March to the Battlefield
      - 2:00-6:00 pm - Camp Teardown (Part 1)
      - 7:00-11:00 pm - Eat It, Drink It, Burn It
   - Saturday (Aug 11), Camp Teardown (Part 2)

For "Drunken" Court on Wednesday, we are planning a *Commedia dell'Arte*
theme, which will feature a live performance from an improv troupe. Wear
your masks and your late-period Italian garb, and be ready to laugh!

For the March to the Battlefield on Monday and Friday, wear red, black, and
white and bring something to make noise (musical instruments or other
noisemakers). If we have enough musicians, we will play and sing the
Cynnabar Fight Song.

*3. Cynnabar at Pennsic Calendar*: The Cynnabar @ Pennsic Google calendar
can be found here
<https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=8k4veanmfhoihuf4n8dqjlb8tg%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York>.
This calendar contains activities that are happening in Cynnabar Camp, plus
major activities that Cynnabar populace members are involved in (classes
we're teaching, tournaments we're fighting in, etc.). I will be adding to
it as champions teams are announced and as I find out who all is going to
Pennsic and camping with Cynnabar. If you know you're participating in
something and I've missed you, please let me know!

I'm looking forward to the war and seeing all of you who can come.

Sincerely,
Kasha,
Baroness of Cynnabar