[Cynnabar] Group Knight's Marshal transition

Malachy von Ulm via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Sep 24 12:22:52 EDT 2018

On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 12:14:55PM -0400, Elizabeth Calhoun wrote:
> I want to thank you for posting this "Notice of Intent" to our Baronial
> email list ... ensuring that it now resides in our email archive, the
> "go-to" place for matters of Baronial business and history.
>
> Would you be willing to follow this Notice up with maybe a capsule
> biography as well? (This is not a demand but a request.)

Certainly!

I have been doing armored combat off and on since 1994.  Sadly, in that time
despite having long experience I hadn't done the paperwork to become a
marshal. I've rectified that this year and have started my marshal in
training paperwork.  (Mostly just need to do the work at a few more events.)

I regularly attend the Baronial practices.  I semi regularly attend the
Baronial business meeting.

In terms of prior service in an office, I served for two years as the
exchequer and one year as the seneschal for the Riding of Hawkland Moor.

I've been serving as de facto iron key along with Sir Hjørlief the past
year to assist with getting newcomers in armor.  This has been to assist Pan
Zygmunt who's not always been able to get to practices.

--
Malachy

"Ancient nightmares. Archaic legends.  Enigmatic dreams. All of it is true."
Abney Park - All the Myths are True.