[Cynnabar] Celtic Fest Demo

Art Sinclair via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Tue Jul 9 15:12:16 EDT 2019

Hello Cynnabar!

The Saline Celtic Festival is this weekend!

I have copied my original message so that you can all find it easily again.

The Saline Celtic Festival is held at Mill Pond Park in Saline MI (565 W
Bennett St; Saline, Michigan 48176).

*People that are Needed!*

You! Really, everyone can find a place to help here.

THROWN WEAPONS - The marshals can use folks to help collect and sort the
axes so they can be efficiently distributed to the public. They can also
use people to staff the waiver table so that we can collect the needed
waivers from the public participating.

COMBAT DEMOS – We need Armored, Rapier and C&T fighters. It’s a long hot
day the more we have the less worn out we all get.

A&S DISPLAY/DEMO - We need people to have stuff on display that they can
talk about or demo.

ENGAGEMENT - We need people to talk to all the people coming in to see what
we are about! We *ALL* need to do this, but having a dedicated staff that
can work with the Chatelaine (Ceara) and the Social Media Officer (Beth)
throughout the day would be fantastic.

Please find below the basic schedule of how this will go. Changes may occur
and I will do my best to let folks know as soon as I can, but sometimes
things happen day of and it’s hard to get info disseminated well.

*Friday July 12th*

We will set up our space at the festival in the evening starting around 6.
Mostly this is the list field and the thrown weapons area. We will also set
up a few tables, some shade flys, and possibly a tent for changing in and
storing our bags and other items out of the way. This usually takes a
couple of hours after which a group tends to wander over to the food area
and music tent to have a bite to eat, have a couple beers, and listen to
the music and chat.

No Special passes or anything are needed for this part. You can drive right
down to our set-up spot along the river.

*Saturday July 13th*

This is the Demo day!

Please arrive around 8 to drop off your gear/A&S table items so you can
unload and have your car back out by 9. For parking, many of us park back
out in the nearby neighborhoods up the hill and walk back. This early in
the morning there is usually plenty of space available within walking
distance. If that much walking is not an option for you, go back out to the
Liberty School (where we hold Grand Tourney) and you can get a shuttle bus
back to the Festival.

After you get back please start prepping for the day with whatever activity
you are participating in.

We will likely see people starting to filter through about 10 am. So A&S
display folks will need to be ready to start talking to people then. As
will the rest of us because we are all chatelaines!

We will likely start the thrown weapons at 10 as well since this is a very
popular activity all day long.

Usually about 11 there is a parade through the grounds. Those who wish can
participate in that.

At noon we will start the fighting demos. These will last 20-25 minutes at
most and include armored, rapier, and C&T (if available). Fighting demos
will occur on the hour until 6.

After 6 we can start tearing down and once we have the list field barrier
and thrown weapons backdrop down and loaded up we can start bringing our
vehicles in to load up and leave site.

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

They deem me mad for I will not sell my days for gold; I deem them mad for
they think my days have a price.
-- Kahlil Gibran