[Cynnabar] Cynnabar practice + are you interested in melee combat?

Kell Carnahan via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Mon Jun 10 09:01:08 EDT 2019

Rapier fighters -

Practice is happening as usual at Peoples Presbyterian Church, 210 Smith
St, Milan, MI 48160 from 6:30-10 pm, this Thursday.  Special occurrence
this Thursday and next Thursday (June 13, 20) is that from 7 - 9 pm there
will also be Q&A sessions with the candidates for Cynnabar
Baron(s)/Baroness(es).

This Saturday is one of the great Pentamere rapier events of the summer:
Baronial Border War!  Lots of tourneys, lots of C&T, lots of melee - come
join in!

In addition to that, I have an additional proposal for all of you this week.

Are you enthusiastic about rapier melee and want to do it more regularly
than just at a couple summer events?  I know I am!

I'm looking to form a rapier lance (a group of excited melee fighters who
practice together, like the Wednesday Company or the Blades of Brendoken)
within Pentamere!!!  You don't have to be super experienced in melee or
melee command to be a part of this.  The main things I want you to have are
1) a desire to make the effort to practice rapier melee about once a month,
and 2) being willing to plan 1-2 of the monthly practices per year.  Why
that second requirement?  Because I don't want any one person to burn out
by doing all the planning, and I truly want this to be a fun group effort,
not something I'm leading.  You don't even have to know how to plan a melee
practice right now - I'm happy to give some simple coaching on the things
to do, to get you started, as long as you're willing to pitch in!

I already have two people signed up and wanting to do this.  If I can get
at least 3 more, we've got a fantastic group to start with!  :D  I know
everyone's probably super busy planning for Pennsic, so I imagine the
practices wouldn't start until after Pennsic (you don't have to go to
Pennsic to be a part of this group, either, don't worry about that). I'd
love to find out if this is a viable plan and maybe get together (before or
after Pennsic) to choose a name, regalia, and what people think should be
the basic ground rules/guidelines of our group, so that it works out to be
fun and interesting for everyone.

Reply here, or my email is wyndsung at gmail.com - I would LOVE to hear from
you if you want to be a part of this, no matter your previous experience
level with melee.

~Birke die Jaegerin, OCK, who has 6 years of command experience in the
Dragon Army and still has a lot of things she wants to practice and learn
and get better at, too :D