[Cynnabar] Saline Celtic Fest - We NEED YOU! :)

Chatelaine Cynnabar via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Sun Jun 23 15:29:07 EDT 2019

Saline Celtic Fest - We NEED YOU! :) A&S and General Volunteer Info is
included in this post. Please read through.

As you've heard, we've got a demo coming up in 20 days and we need you!
There are a LOT of positions to volunteer for! Please keep in mind that if
you will be there, we need your participation!

People to Chatelaine:

   - I need 5-6 people who can be welcoming and enthusiastic about the SCA
   when talking to strangers without going into too many details
   - The job will be to make yourself available to talk to and to
   proactively engage visitors. There are 3 areas I hope to have covered.
   - Brakes are expected. Beth and I will also be there to assist!
   - Thrown weapons: 1-2 people talking with people in line. Ask if people
   have questions or concerns. See if people would like to sign up for more
   information on how they can do this year round. Knowledge of thrown weapons
   is a plus but not a requirement.
   - A&S: 1-2 people walking around and making sure that people's questions
   are being answered and encouraging them to check out the A&S. Knowledge of
   A&S is a plus but not a requirement.
   - List Field 2-3 People who are walking around during and after fighting
   asking people if they have questions and concerns. Knowledge of marshaled
   activities is a plus but not a requirement.
   - Have kids? I welcome them in addition to the 5-6 people. Lets make
   them a part of this demo and show other families why the SCA is welcoming
   to them as well!
   - Please comment on the Facebook thread, direct message me on Facebook,
   or reply to this email to volunteer.

A&S
A&S will be a little different this year. In the past people brought
projects they are working on or things to display. This year, We want to
make sure that we are engaging the community. Please do not bring general
materials to lay out on a table for "Show" Purposes.
What we're looking for:
I think by now, most of us know that having something that is more hands on
or make and take is where memories are made. We want to make sure that when
people leave our area that we have made an impression that is going to
last. I want to see people get their hands on what we do.

   - I would like to see 8-12 people who are not fighters or working with
   the Chatelaine or Thrown Weapons to bring Items that can be touched, make
   n' take, or eaten!
   - Just because you don't do a particular A&S thing in the SCA, does not
   mean you cannot participate. I have many activities that are great for
   youth and adults that i'm happy to set you up with! (Example: doll making,
   cold forging, Dancing, leather printing, etc.)
   - During your time you should expect to engage people walking by and
   interacting with your activity.
   - Breaks are expected. I will have signs available that say "Will return
   in ____ time.)
   - Please let me know a head of time so I can have a sign created for
   your activity. As well as what time you plan to be at the Demo.
   - Each person will be given a half a table to work with. Expect 3-4 feet
   of work area. (depending on if tables are 8 or 6 feet.)
   - Please comment on the Facebook thread, direct message me on Facebook,
   or reply to this email to volunteer.
   - Volunteers so far: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10 11. 12.

Thank you for your service, patience, and time as we try new and exciting
ways of welcoming new people into the Barony!

~Ceara