[Cynnabar] THE WEEK AHEAD : HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON IN CYNNABAR!

Chatelaine Cynnabar via Barony barony at cynnabar.org
Wed Sep 18 11:06:47 EDT 2019

BARONIAL WEEKLY GET-TOGETHER
PEOPLES PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 210 SMITH ST, MILAN, MI 48160TOMORROW,
THURSDAY 9/19 STARTING AT 6:30

   - Note: There is NO indoor fight space this week. Please contact Jeff
   Haas
   <https://www.facebook.com/malleus.errata?fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARAOJSyh_UBsiBa_gPuvSG96zZCS1IXIlpropVcO14Wa_9pC3mgXtjp8rlEztdJyAEX1MfXb2-fTUFnQ&dti=45491048764&hc_location=group>
   or Thomas J. Dowds
   <https://www.facebook.com/thomas.j.dowds?fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARBtQEoOkdiFZQP-GsMnedAr5IjdXC81j6h6ne9E3D4wL45zHTwUKm-XywleAYvuYzR4tuQmWACl_3rT&dti=45491048764&hc_location=group>
   if you have any questions.
   - Armored Fighting and Rapier Fighting (Until site closes): If you're
   ready to get armored or have questions about fighting in the SCA, this is
   the place to be. We'll tell you what you need or start training you if
   you're ready to start! Contact Jeff Haas
   <https://www.facebook.com/malleus.errata?fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARDfHA9ne48uhsHDMXvAzqoR6zEwsygqE-qdNIvBYnS5wRsOM3M9E0ha-QU1IPry4WMnNgjNpL5LELXp&dti=45491048764&hc_location=group>
   and Thomas J. Dowds
   <https://www.facebook.com/thomas.j.dowds?fref=gs&__tn__=%2CdK-R-R&eid=ARDFEulN6uedrCmrAA18IFMZGj0Q4jLS00UQD0EXM9vjzSbNalcP_qCkz959rTMp86dJo8j1L9VawtRE&dti=45491048764&hc_location=group>
   if you need loaner gear.
   - Origami Cranes (7pm-8:30): Taught by Terryl in the main meeting room.
   The prince has asked for cranes for his reign! Please come learn how these
   are made and help make his Highnesses wish come true!
   - Dance Practice (until it ends): Come join the fun and learn some
   dances that were done pre-seventeenth century! Never danced before? No
   worries! We'll literally walk you through it. Yep! Some dance are as simple
   as walking!
   - Business Meeting: Want to know what and where happening in the Barony?
   This is the best place to hear about officers and what they're up to,
   future events, group announcements, and so much more.

We'll also likely stop over at Original Gravity for some drinks and snacks
afterwards! Not just alcohol... They have some great pop and ice cream
floats too!

EVENTS TO BE AT THIS WEEKEND

Vikings Come Home XVII
WHITING PARK: 5820 LAKE SHORE RD, BOYNE CITY, MI 49712GATE OPENS FRIDAY
9/20 @ 12PM (CLOSES SUNDAY AT 12)
Quite a few people from Cynnabar are headed up to Boyne City this weekend!
An event focused on Vikings and lots of other fun stuff. This event has
something for everyone:

   - Heavy Weapons
   - Fencing
   - Archery
   - Thrown Weapons
   - Kubb Tournament
   - Classes
   - A&S Craftsman Fair
   - Chess Tournament
   - Various Youth Activities
   - Gaming Pavilion
   - Bardic Fire
   - The Mighty Woolly Spammoth Hunt
   - Soden Swan Tavern

See the website for more info.
https://www.vikingscomehome.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwingedhills.midrealm.org%2Fharvestday%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR2Z5Squ5OxSqpsMnV7FaLBwOGRdmKVKOByOpJCzOAoKaqcQ9eLTDphmcYc&h=AT16yrjId356qRaXXW2csVdQ_ISo0vj-MmCXYgVXs5UMyMRiMwjBqo55L9Qarp5sBMe_Y1pm_-B2ATA1qQZ4IqevYEEbneR_YH8ROXA2hkWhqK1WIhVB05R_acfeZd8qHxaym2uEI-qs79iAk3Y>
FOX HUNT XV
PLOWMENS PARK, 48W508 HINCKLEY ROAD, BIG ROCK, IL, 60511GATE OPENS FRIDAY
9/20 @ 3PM
Come join the Canton of Foxvale as we celebrate the September 22nd birthday
of a noted diarist – whose account of his Unexpected Journey to lands far
east, and Back Again, were translated into the modern tongue and have
proven inspirational to many (if not all) of us in the society. We hope you
will join in the celebrations (although we will not be having fireworks).
See website for more info.
https://foxvale.midrealm.org/fox-hunt/
<https://foxvale.midrealm.org/fox-hunt/?fbclid=IwAR1rQUFOwmcRg10noeqas7CQgBMecbJGXj4wagrF1TaZ8RZJvefCHh-jwpg>

Haunted Tower V: Memento Mori
30682 CHIEFTAIN DR, LOGAN, OH 43138GATE OPENS FRIDAY 9/20 @ 3PM
The theme this year is Memento Mori. Join the Shire of Dernehealde as we
celebrate the Death of Summer with a late year camping event! There is NO
FEE for camping.
See website for more info.
http://dernehealde.middlemarches.org/hv5/
<https://foxvale.midrealm.org/fox-hunt/?fbclid=IwAR0AaU3iUgsPdlKj7DHEk0dEIVKOM7H20BjTxMjhTbEHLCaaybaoQbKsG58>